X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amitsharma75
    • Aug 2004

Question about RSX-1067

Hello All,
    I recently brought a Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 NX USB external sound card to connect to my Laptop. I have a few mp3s that i listen to (i dont want to burn audio cds and play them through my CD player) I am using the SPDIF out of the sound card. The card supports a 96Khz PCM stream that I have set.
    My question is that why doesnt the Rotel RSX-1067 allow me to change the audio mode to 5ch-Stereo? This works if i change the bit stream to 48 or 44.1 KHz on the sound card. I can upscale/upconvert to any audio format (2 chanel, 3 chanel, 5 chanel 7 chanel etc) if i use the 48 or the 44.1 KHz bitstream but the minuite i change the bitstream to 96KHz, I can only listen in PCM 2-CH audio mode.
    I have read through the manual and this is what the manual says...

NOTE: DTS, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS-ES Discrete
    6.1, DTS 96/24, Dolby Digital, MP3,
    MPEG Multichannel, HDCD (96kHz), and
    PCM 2-channel (96kHz) digital signals are
    auto-detected and cannot be overridden.
    However, you can choose to use Dolby Digital
    Surround EX decoding for any Dolby Digital
    5.1 source material. You can also downmix
    Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 recordings for
    2-channel playback.
    • HDCD (non 96kHz) and PCM 2-channel
    (non 96kHz) digital signals can be overridden
    to Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby 3-Stereo,
    DTS Neo:6, Music 1 – 4, 5CH Stereo,
    7CH Stereo, and Stereo.
    • Dolby Digital 2-channel Stereo can be overridden
    to Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby 3-Stereo,
    and Stereo.

They dont provide a technical reason for this limitation. I would like to know if there is a work around or is this just a limitation.

Again please excuse me if this is a dumb question or if i am missing the obvious.

Thanks,
    Amit
  • amitsharma75
    • Aug 2004

I know the audiophiles are going to flame me for hooking up my laptop to this high end piece of equipment. But I was of the opinion, "If you can do it, then Why Not?" I jut want it to work so that the few scattered mp3 (that i listen to on a fairly regular basis) could be heard on my HT setup.

BTW, it works great for DVD, outputting a dolby digital 5.1 stream that the reciever flawlessly decodes, bringing to life sounds that i have never heard before.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

Not sure why you can't override the 96KHz signal, but that is the way it is.

G.

:grab:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"