X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankgobbo
    • Nov 2010

Issue with Rotel RSX 1056

Hi all,

First post; I was wondering if anybody has experience with the following?

I purchased a Rotel RSX 1056 approx 4-5 years ago new from Encel in South Yarra (Vic, Australia).

I had previously always used it with simple white/red RCA style input from an Xbox/other devices.

About a year ago I built a little HTPC to replace my Xbox and connected to the Rotel via Optical input. I've tried using both Optical ports and have a problem where it appears the digital handshake fails. When I start watching something on the htpc the display of the rotel flicks back and forward rapidly between sound modes (eg plxII cinema, dts, hdcd, etc) and it plays no sound.

If I pause the program and then play it, sometimes it'll start to play sound, sometimes it won't. This appears to be getting worse however I've tried other devices with optical output and it has the same result (I've also tried both of the optical inputs on the Rotel AND replaced the optical cable).

It's running firmware 1.2.3 which I see is out of date, and I'll try installing the 1.3.2 I found linked from this site earlier; however does anybody know what could be causing this?

As I said it's perfect via RCA cable, it's just when I try using digital input from any device via optical.

Any advice people can give is appreciated

Cheers
    ^f
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

Even if it seems obvious, did you try a different optical cable to assure that the one you are using is not faulty?

Comment

• frankgobbo
      • Nov 2010

Yes, I've tried 2 different optical cables

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"