Just Got A New Rotel RSX-1056 Need Audio Output question answered.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiteChocolate
    • Mar 2007

Just Got A New Rotel RSX-1056 Need Audio Output question answered.

I just got a Rotel RSX-1056 and I really like the unit because of the fact that you may send different audio outputs from different audio inputs.

I have a 400 cd-dvd Changer with S-video and Optical Audio
    Also a Direct TV DVR with S-video and Optical Audio

The DVR is connected to s-video two and Optical 1
    The cd-dvd is connected to s-video three and Optical 2

I have a 2 year old daughter that doesn't sleep so soundly. . . . So whit that said I had to Buy Two FM Headphones so that me and My Wife may watch TV when the little one sleeps. I tried connecting the analog audio out (marked as video out) 1 and also in the OSD I set the Record settings for DVR input to send to Analog 1. And with no luck,. I saw that the Zone 2 will not work with the Digital audio input but does that also go for the analog audio output?

I also tried to put the headphone sender's audio in-puts on the Pre-amp outputs to see if it would also work that way and it does not.

I checked the Headphone sender and connected it directly to the DVR on extra outputs and it works great but I wanted it on the Rotel so that We can also see a DVD and get the audio through the headphones connected to the analog out put 1.

Is this possible?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

You have to connect analog audio cables up to the Rotel from your sources, as well as the digital cables you have now, to make your headphones work. The record and zone 2 outputs will not work from a digital input. There are no DAC's for them. The reason you cannot hear anything from your preamp outputs is the volume is either all of the way down or very low. You would need to have the volume pretty high to get the same voltage as a fixed output like a tape out.

Eric

Comment

• WhiteChocolate
      • Mar 2007

I'm goint to try that when I get home tonight. Thank you.

Comment

• WhiteChocolate
        • Mar 2007

Worked perfect Thank you very much.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

Your welcome.

Eric

Comment

• WhiteChocolate
            • Mar 2007

Now I have a video Question?

I had everything with s-Video inputs but now I just got a Direct TV HD-DVR that will use component video output. I still want the old DVR for the Wife but it only use's s-video out put. How can I use the LCD on component output for the HD-DVR and keep it as component but still have the s-video DVR input showing on the LCD with the component output? Is this possible or only s-video input to s-video output? I want s-video input to component output? THANK's.

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

All of Rotel's current products do video transcoding. You can connect a composite or S-video into it and it will transcode it and output it on the component video output. That way you only need one input on the TV and the receiver does the rest.

Eric

Comment

• WhiteChocolate
                • Mar 2007

I did everything but I get no video on the Componet out on the rotel? It is only sending a signal in the s-video out. What menu can I change the out put? I only see a way to change the input only. Thanks

Comment

• FernandoF
                  • Nov 2005

From the Owner's Manual :

The Component Video output converts signals from ANY type of source input to the TV. If you have connected all of your source components with the same type of connection, then you only need to make one connection from the RSX-1056 to the TV monitor. If you connect the RSX-1056 to the TV monitor with Component Video connections, you also only need to make one type of connection because composite and S-Video signals are converted to Component Video.

NOTE: When a video input or inputs are selected for progressive mode on the Other Options menu, the conversion from composite or S-Video to Component Video output is not available for those inputs.

So I suppose you need to make sure that Progressive is disabled for the relevant video inputs on the "Other Options" menu.

Let us know if that works, with no impacts to the video quality through Component.

Fernando

Comment

• WhiteChocolate
                    • Mar 2007

Thank You

I did not find my Manual last night so I downloaded it and read it all. I saw that line that you found for me and I turned off the Progressive mode and turned it on to the input for ony the HD-DVR. And the video came on. Looks the same with no loss of quailty from the s-video or the composite HD-DVR. Now I got my DVR and she has hers. . . . GREAT. . . So can't erase any of my shows by mistake anymore. Thanks guys. By the way what Does Progressive mode do?

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"