X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geeza
    • Jul 2006

RDV-1060 "No Disc" displayed

My RDV-1060 won't read any disc any more. Discs are spinning in the drive but after a while No Disc message is displayed. I've tried to clean laser lens using cleaning disc (dry) but it didn't helped. Please help. ;x(
    Andrzej
  • hurin
    • Sep 2009

Sorry to say so, but you should throw it out and buy an OPPO 83 instead. There is NO market for old DVD players, so sending it for repairs will cost you more than the unit is worth.

Comment

• Vicente
      • May 2004

I'm sorry too. I had a 1060 and later a rdv 1092 that had the same problem. First one, the same model as you have, was replaced for a new one. The 1092 was repaired, but I was lucky because both were still into warranty.

I'm also an owner of the Oppo 83 and I'm so happy with it that as soon as the new Oppo 93 gets the market I will buy it.

It's a pity that if you get one Rotel equipment broken after warranty expires, it is so expensive to repair it that it is not worth to fix it. I just had a problem with a RSX 1056 and it is the same song, even if I got an agreement with Rotel to get a better price for the repair.

Regards.

Vicente

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"