X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

RDV 1092 doubts

I'm expecting the 1092 reviews anxiously.

I have a terrible doubt if I should go to a really expensive player like the 1092 or just buy an inexpensive one (like the Marantz DV6600). For the moment I don't need the 1080p as my projector is only 1080i but I really need the HDMI output.

I'm using now the rdv1060 thru components and I noticed a better pq with a cheap DVD player (the Denon 1920) thru HDMI, upscaling to 720p.

But as one of my main concerns is playing music DVD's and CD's I need also a player with good music reproduction and I don't really know if the Marantz will perform well for this task (at least as good as my 1060).

So my doubt for the future is

1.- Marantz DV6600 + Blue Ray or HDDVD player (and maybe + a good CD player?)

2.- Rotel RDV1092 + Blue Ray or HDDVD player

I almost forgot!!! I'm in love with the look of my rsx1056 with the rdv1060 , but paying $1900 (1500 Euros) seems too much just for keeping the look.

So I need Rotel to convince me that it is worth it spending so much money in a DVD player like the 1092 (a technology that could be outdated in a couple of years).

I'd like to hear that the 1092 plays CD's better than the rcd1072, plays also SACD (what an occasion missed), and has a better pq than really high priced DVD's from other brands and then I'll go right away to get one.

I guess many of you are in the same case I am, and I'd like your comments. Maybe they will help me to decide what to do next.
    Last edited by Vicente; 23 May 2006, 05:36 Tuesday.
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

With a growing collection of classical SA-CD's and SA-CD capable competitors, I will most certainly not even considering buying Rotel's players.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

what yu are hoping for you will not get. You are better off keeing your RDV 1092 and buying a high end externl video processor. For half the price you can make your DVDs look better then the RDV 1092, and improve all your other video sources.

As fare as CDs go if your not happy with the rdv 1060, then perhaps look at an external DAC or dedicated CD player.

Comment

• mattburk
        • Feb 2003

the marantz dv9600 did pretty well over at secrets and it does sacd & has firewire, so you can pass your dvd audio/sacd through a digital out.
        The new arcam looks nice, but it is not out yet & does not have firewire.
        www.mycstone.com
        www.coverednow.com
        www.biarenton.com

Comment

• dmcgowan
          • Sep 2003

Vicente,

I looked at the RDV-1060 here in Aus and bought the Denon-1920 - as good or better pic quality for $500 vs. $1200 (I think). Why not buy both - keep your Denon for movies and buy a great CD player for music? Or is your problem DVD-A? At least in A$ prices, the Rotel DVD players are VERY overpriced compared to the competition...

Darren

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"