X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagguy
    • Jun 2009

2 ch 1069/1070 vs 1052

I am an infrequent poster, but constant viewer. With that being said, I am looking for any input on a strictly 2 ch comparison. I have an rx-1052 and rsp 1069 and am trying to figure out which route I should go. Unfortunately I don't have the rb 1070 in order to do the comparison for myself. I am looking for the best 2 channel performance and have not heard the 1069 compared to the 1052 yet.

As background, I have been impressed with my 1052 and they can push my NHT Classic 4's just fine. Being impulsive, I bought the 1069 because I saw I price I couldn't pass up. I'm trying to figure out if I should sell the 1052, keep the 1069, and pick up an rb 1070, or if I should just sell the 1069. Obviously the 1069 is far more diverse, but if it's not suited for what I need, then I should drop it in favor of the 1052. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

I currently own a RSP-1069 and prevously owned a RX-1052 in a basic 2ch music system. I assume you are currently using the RX-1052 as a poweramp for the RSP-1069? I guess the question is whether you intend at some stage to expand the RSP-1069 to include surround sound inthe short term, if this is likely I'd say keep the RSP-1069 and add either a decent 2ch probably the RB-1080 or multi channel amp.

If 2ch is your priority which it seems to be, why not sell both the RSP-1069 and RX-1052 and by the RA-1070 ie. integrated amplifier (similar to the RX-1052 with more power but no tuner. The other thing to consider it the quality of your source, ie. if your CD/DVD player is only pretty average it will sound better through the RSP-1069 using the RSP-1069 as a DAC using the coax/optical in. If you have a decent source then the RX-1052 might be the way to go.

I ended up selling off the RX-1052 and now use a Benchmark DAC1pre with Bel Canto 500Ref power amp. In terms of the RSP-1069 I still use it for surround sound processing but added a Bel Canto pre3 2ch pre-amp using the HT bypass mode.

The isn't a major difference but enough for me to go down that upgrade path.

JDH.

Originally posted by Jagguy
    I am an infrequent poster, but constant viewer. With that being said, I am looking for any input on a strictly 2 ch comparison. I have an rx-1052 and rsp 1069 and am trying to figure out which route I should go. Unfortunately I don't have the rb 1070 in order to do the comparison for myself. I am looking for the best 2 channel performance and have not heard the 1069 compared to the 1052 yet.

As background, I have been impressed with my 1052 and they can push my NHT Classic 4's just fine. Being impulsive, I bought the 1069 because I saw I price I couldn't pass up. I'm trying to figure out if I should sell the 1052, keep the 1069, and pick up an rb 1070, or if I should just sell the 1069. Obviously the 1069 is far more diverse, but if it's not suited for what I need, then I should drop it in favor of the 1052. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"