• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Ok, hows every bodies rsp1069 doing?

What's up everyone???

I'm killing it to upgrade my rsp1068. One final trip in here to get some updates on the rsp1069's progress. I have not read anything lately so I wanted to ask about sound updates....

1)How is the audio and video working with Blue Ray and Hd dvd VIA HDMI??
    I know the players need to decode the signal so I assume Ps3 and Xbox360 running hdmi is going to have to be downconverted audio to regular DD and DTS correct??? I'm not sure if they decode HD audio and send it PCM.

2) Really number 1 is my only concern. Everything else as long as it's as good as the rsp1068, I'm cool. I still run Analog Cd, but do sometimes use Digital VIA Optical to preamp for internal DAC and HDCD.

3) I use SACD and DVD audio VIA 6 channel analog but would rather go HDMI which I know the 1069 will not support correct???

4) HD cable doesn't do anything over HDMi other then 1080i and DD for audio which the 1069 should beable to handle VIA HDMI correct???

If all these things work out, hell I'm gonna get it. I don't want to but want to get the Pioneer Elite vsx94txh and use it as a preamp as last resort or wait and see when the 1098 replacement comes out which I was hoping will be 1.2 or later HDMI so I can do everything HDMI and be way cool with it.

Talk to me people, tell me good or bad the skinny.....

Thanks much in advance,

mantis
  • cadman
    • Sep 2003

replacement for 1098

Comment

• Rotelrob
      • Nov 2003

Mantis,

It's time brotha, I thought you would have gone through the Rotels already.

Rob

Comment

• garak
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Dmantis
        1)How is the audio and video working with Blue Ray and Hd dvd VIA HDMI??
        I know the players need to decode the signal so I assume Ps3 and Xbox360 running hdmi is going to have to be downconverted audio to regular DD and DTS correct??? I'm not sure if they decode HD audio and send it PCM.
        Audio for BD and HD DVD works fine over HDMI. You will need a player that decodes DD TrueHD and DTS-HD MA and sends it as PCM. I believe the PS3 will decode TrueHD, not sure about DTS-HD MA.

2) Really number 1 is my only concern. Everything else as long as it's as good as the rsp1068, I'm cool. I still run Analog Cd, but do sometimes use Digital VIA Optical to preamp for internal DAC and HDCD.
        I have a RCD-1072 connected via analog and digital. Sounds great.

3) I use SACD and DVD audio VIA 6 channel analog but would rather go HDMI which I know the 1069 will not support correct???
        DVD-A over HDMI is supported, SACD has to use the analog inputs.

4) HD cable doesn't do anything over HDMi other then 1080i and DD for audio which the 1069 should beable to handle VIA HDMI correct???
        It handles this fine. I have DirecTV, which is 1080i and DD for audio. I have it connected via HDMI, works fine, but this brings up 1 issue:

I'm assuming you have a 1080p display. A number of people have reported issues if their set is 1080i.

If your set is 1080p and the source is 1080i, I notice a slight judder in the picture when viewing completely static images, such as an on-screen guide. That is the only time it is noticeable.

However, Rotel is working on a fix for the video issues, and I don't expect these issues to be permanent.

I'm happy with the unit, as it is definitely sounds better than the RSX-1067 that I had previously.

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Rotelrob
          Mantis,

It's time brotha, I thought you would have gone through the Rotels already.

Rob
          Rob,
          Trust me, it would have been a done deal if it wasn't 1.1 hdmi. It has limitations and a huge part of me isn't cool with that. Cake and eat it to applies here for me. Being around the japanese receiver market for 9 years and seeing them keep up with the times today makes sense. I also worked in high end and saw everything being behind just like this Rotel today. To move on I want to be completely current and slighty future.... not proof is there even is such a thing.

If it was 1.2 Hdmi I would have been all over it... but I saw all the 1.1 hdmi problems and watched DVI not work with it's own gear(samsung to samsung). I not trying to add that into my system.

mantis

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"