Trigger issues with my RMB 1070?? 2 part question!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Embusen
    • Oct 2007

Trigger issues with my RMB 1070?? 2 part question!

Even though this is my first post I'm a regular "observer" of the forum and found it a very informative and useful.

I think I know the answer to my question but I just need a second opinion to just make sure.

I have a RMB 1077, RSP 1069. I have the 12 v trigger set up to turn off/on the RMB 1077. It's also configured in the setup menu with the RSP1069. I can hear the trigger clicking when I turn off the power from the remote/manually. My question or concern is; shouldn't the power light go off on the RMB 1077?

I know the RSP 1069 has a standby mode in which the lights shows that status but the RMB 1077 should be either off or on?

With that said, I've also 90% eliminated a nasty "POP" when the stereo is fired up for use by removing the 12 V trigger cord and set up. My second question is can there potentially be an issue with my RMB 1077?

My dealer is a dork and very difficult to deal with. Before I consult Rotel I thought I might get an idea of what I'm looking at.

Cheers

Embusen
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You should see the protection lights flick on/off either on power up or shutdown, but the blue power light will always be on.

The pop you are hearing is normal and shouldn't damage anything (though it is annoying). What's happening is the 1077 gets up and going before the 1069 does. There's some stray voltage going down the output cables as the 1069 comes on and the 1077 produces these voltages as a pop before the 1069 settles down.

Most power conditioners have delayed circuits for this very reason. Preamp turns on and settles down. 5 seconds later the amplifier plug turns on. On shutdown the amps turn off first and then the preamp 2-3 seconds later.

If you don't want to invest in a conditioner or delayable power-strip, you could easily add a time delayed relay to the 12v trigger setup.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Embusen
      • Oct 2007

Kevin D,

Thanks for the quick response!!
      Yes the Protection LED does flicker when on/off. Looks like everything is hooked up as should be.

I do use a Monster HTS 5100 MKII conditioner.

I think then, I might have a grounding issue. My Rotel system is powering a pair of Mythos ST's. The pop is amplified when I have the 12v trigger "on" and the LFE active with the speakers.

I'm going to try a few grounding ideas to see if I can eliminate/reduce the pop while the 12 v triggers is active.

When I disengage the 12 V trigger I still have a pop but it is no where near as loud as when the 12 v trigger is on.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"