X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seteven100
    • May 2009

my amp blew up

hi folks

i turned my RB-1080 on the other day and it made an extremely load banging, popping sound with heaps of really load static, i stress it was very LOAD

can any of you guys shed some light on this matter?

im in Australia, can any aussies give me an estimate on how much this will cost me to get fixed?

cheers
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Does the unit turn on at all now?. Is it a digital unit?. If so, try running it in 'Stereo bypass' mode using no digital processing. My Rotel receiver did the same thing but worked fine in bypass mode. It means that there is something wrong with the digital processing part of the unit. Rotel warrenties their units for 5 years and is repairing mine now as I speak.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• hurin
      • Sep 2009

#madmac the RB-1080 is an amp not a reciever.

Some more info would be nice, is the unit still working?

Comment

• Opus007
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by seteven100
        hi folks

i turned my RB-1080 on the other day and it made an extremely load banging, popping sound with heaps of really load static, i stress it was very LOAD

can any of you guys shed some light on this matter?

im in Australia, can any aussies give me an estimate on how much this will cost me to get fixed?

cheers
        Did you add/remove/change any component or cabling before this happened?Does the Amp smell burnt?Was there smoke or sparks? More info needed.

Comment

• seteven100
          • May 2009

im using an analogue rotel pre amp (dont have the product number handy) the rb-1080 turns on and off fine, it does not smoke or smell. the wiring has been the same a long time before this happened. it first happened in January with a different set of speakers. it was fine after, now its back.

Comment

• seteven100
            • May 2009

i sent my rig off to get fixed from a rotel company here in australia...ill keep you guys informed

Comment

• seteven100
              • May 2009

just got a quote to fix my amp, 350 us. is this a bit rich you think?
              ill probably pay it tho

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"