X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

RSP1570 or Arcam AV888?

OK perhaps not entirely fair comparison... but curious if anyone else made this jump...

Is the Arcam HDMI 1.3a / 1.4 compatible or upgradable.

Anyone comapre the AV888 and the Classe SSP800? ...

Seems the AV888 is neatly positioned between the two units.

Any comments impressions on the Arcam?

EDIT: I currently have RSP 1068 and wondering if its worthwhile to upgrade to the 1570. I only have one HDMI input / outpout which I connect directly to my projector anyway so HDMI is not required.

What features does the 1570 have that the 1068 does not have? Are there any major sonic differences to be aware of?

So far pretty happy with the 1068, but you know upgraditis bites.

Heard some issue swith the AVR888 so may stay away especially for £4.5k
    Last edited by Stevebez; 30 June 2010, 11:43 Wednesday.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

The 1570 obviously adds HDMI and the HD formats, and to be honest, not much more seems to have changed. If you don't really need HDMI, there's probably not much reason up upgrade.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

Thanks!

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

The RSP-1069 and RSP-1570 are better sounding than the RSP-1068 so it would be an upgrade. With new DSP engines and an upgraded analog stage the HDMI pieces are more open and have tighter, faster bass. The RSP-1570 is not twice as good as the RSP-1068 but it is noticeably better.

I don't have any experience with the Arcam so I couldn't tell you how that would compare. Rotel is going to have a step up preamp later this year (it's going to be called either the RSP-1580 or RSP-1590) and it's designed to be a better sounding preamp and last I knew it will have a multi band PEQ per channel so you can EQ it for the room. As far as I know it won't be an automatic system but don't know that for sure. Just food for thought.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"