X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HTguy
    • Sep 2004

HDMI switch for 1068 ?

Hi,

I heard that Rotel will provide a HDMI switches for 1098 via the RS323 port. I wonder if 1068 has a similar option and when we should expect to see this switch

thanks,

CN
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Being external any of their units w/ a seriel port should benefit, my RSX-1055 hopes so.......

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Good point... you'd thinks it's possible to work with any of their gear with a RS323 port...

Oh Andrew...?

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• mikeyc
        • Sep 2004

does the 1068 have this port?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HTguy
          Hi,

I heard that Rotel will provide a HDMI switches for 1098 via the RS323 port. I wonder if 1068 has a similar option and when we should expect to see this switch

thanks,

CN
          If you heard that from me in my other post, you probably would want to take that with a grain of salt. I just happened to mention that if an upgrade came out, it would most likely work external off the RS232 port. They're not even close to coming out with one yet (I don't believe they even have any liscense for it yet)..

But if they do, the 1066,1055,1065,1098,1068,1056, & 1067 all have pretty much the same 'display out' on their RS232 port and should be compatible.

Kevin D.

Comment

• greve
            • Oct 2004

I searched the Club for "HDMI" and only found this thread, and I was wondering if anyone would know more about any possible plans for an HDMI switch for the RSP-1098?

Comment

• DrJRapp
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by greve
              I searched the Club for "HDMI" and only found this thread, and I was wondering if anyone would know more about any possible plans for an HDMI switch for the RSP-1098?
              Andrew had mentioned something about a year and a half ago along the release of the 1056/1068 just prior to CES 2004.

It shouldn't be too difficult an implimentation and it makes a lot of sense to keep video signals out of an audio box, plus it's a way of extending the half life of the processors and receivers against the compitition. However, I don't think we will see it untill the compitition starts showing up with their hdmi switching upgrades. Rumer has it that Anthem will impliment switching very soon so we could be seeing something from Rtel by CES.
              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"