Rotel Rsx-1550 Video Problem Please Help!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milzi007
    • Feb 2010

Rotel Rsx-1550 Video Problem Please Help!!!

I connected my Nintendo Wii via composite video to my Rotel RSX-1550 and get significant video distorition it displays the picture on my tv. I tried all three compositie inputs on the Rotel and they all have the same result - high distorition of lines, text and images. (I also switched the hdmi out wire just to make sure that wasn't the cause) When I plugged the composite cable straight into the tv, I get no issues and everything seems much clearer.

I thought the Rotel was supposed to upconvert a 480 image, not make it worse and cause distortion. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Additionally, I am running 3 hdmi sources into the Rotel and the hdmi images are crystal clear.

Lastly, I had a denon 2310ci prior to the rotel and it had no issues upconverting/passing the composite signal through.

I want to figure this out as soon as possible becasue my 30 days is almost up and I want to take it back for a replacement if this is not normal and there is something wrong with my video board.

Thanks in advance.

-Milzy
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The only thing I can think of trying would be another component connected via composite to make sure it's not something weird between the Wii and the receiver. I doubt it will change but it's worth a shot. I have an RSX-1058, the predecessor to the RSX-1550, and have a Wii connected via component and it works fine so what your experiencing is not normal.

Eric

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The scaler is always bypassed on the HDMI sources, so I would try different resolutions in the VIDEO setup menu to see if you get different results. If won't effect your other sources.

You might also have better results using component video like Eric mentioned. You can pick up a component cable for the Wii for under $20.

Kevin D.

Comment

• windshear
        • Dec 2004

Maybe a Pal/NTSC menu setting as rotel doesnt autoconvert if i recall on component ?

Comment

• chanlon
          • Sep 2003

The Wii looks terrible connected to my Rotel 1570 processor using composite cables. It looks better using monoprice's component cables for the Wii.
          Jaggies can be seen on the image.

However, it looks the best when its connected direct to the TV.
          The scaler on the Rotel is terrible imo. If you can avoid connecting anything but HDMI to the receiver, its recommended.

Comment

• milzi007
            • Feb 2010

Thanks everyone for your help. Jaggies are the best way to describe the problem. I just order the component cable from monoprice and I am going to just have to re-snake the wire in the wall. Oh well.

Really appreciate all the responses - they were very helpful.

Comment

• Nuthed
              • Jan 2007

deleted
              Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
              RB980-BX driving mains
              Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
              Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
              Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
              SVS PB-12

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"