X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danielf
    • Sep 2005

Component to s-video/composite conversion

Hi all,

I am an owner of a 1098. I have an XBOX 360 with component out that I have plugged into the 1098. I am trying to get the picture BOTH on my projector through component, AND on the LCD display. The video out kit on the xbox has a switch to switch between HD (720p, 1080i or 1080p) OR normal TV (480i??). The video kit has a composite out, but when switched in HD mode there is no signal over this cable....

Being an engineer I thought I could work around it by using the Zone 2 output and plug that into e.g. Video5 and set the LCD to display Video5 and thus make use of the 1098 downconversion from HD, but that does not seem to work... (i.e. I get no picture).

Does anybody have a creative idea how to do this on a 1098? I guess I could get an expensive component splitter, and combine it with a component to s-video/composite converter... but I have not found such a converter that accepts 720p. I would ideally like to use the 1098s built in support to downgrade the HD signal.

Any help is appriciated!

thanks

/daniel
    Last edited by Danielf; 30 November 2005, 00:37 Wednesday.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

That because the 1098 only converts up to higher outputs, composite to s, coposite and s to comonent. Plus to get composite zone 2 out you need comsite in (same as the LCD screen).

Kevin D.

Comment

• Danielf
      • Sep 2005

Component to s-video/composite conversion

Tanks Kevin,

That makes sense. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I have not been able to found component to s-video converters.....
      Last edited by Danielf; 30 November 2005, 00:36 Wednesday.

Comment

• Danielf
        • Sep 2005

Nobody?

/d

Comment

• Marlboroman
          • Aug 2005

This feature will be available in the Rotel scaler when that is released. Also, I did not think that the 1098 converted composite to S-video. I thought it only converted composite and S to component. Can someone verify this? I thought that all the current Rotel receivers and processors only converted to component.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Marlboroman
            Also, I did not think that the 1098 converted composite to S-video. I thought it only converted composite and S to component. Can someone verify this? I thought that all the current Rotel receivers and processors only converted to component.
            Doh... I got confused.. It does not conver composite to s. Sorry.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Danielf
              • Sep 2005

Thanks Marlboroman,

The 1077 looks interesting to me for other reasons, but there must be a cheaper way to do this than to buy a $2000 scaler?

Continuing my research, I have found a couple of suppliers of chips that actually do this encoding, but nobody that offers a box with connectors etc... maybe I have to build one on my own.

/d

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"