X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dhart86
    • Feb 2010

Need help with 1069

Hey folks, I'm relatively new to the world of separates and love all my rotel gear (RB 991-RB 993- RSP 1069 and RC 1070).
    Recently my 1069 has developed a slight problem, about every 3 minutes the on screen video flickers and I lose sound simultaneously. This lasts for about 1.5 seconds. It's becoming very annoying. Does anyone know a fix for this? If this needs to be sent in for repair, does anyone know where I can send it or take it (In Southern New Jersey) to get a rotel authorized repair

Thanks
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Does it happen with every source? Is it connected to your display with HDMI and if it is, do you have the bypass installed?

Eric

Comment

• Dhart86
      • Feb 2010

Thanks for your reply Eric, the bypass is installed. I've recently noticed it when while watching cable tv.....HDMI from cable box, HDMI to the LCD display. I'll have to check to see if this happens with the PS3. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Opus007
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dhart86
        Hey folks, I'm relatively new to the world of separates and love all my rotel gear (RB 991-RB 993- RSP 1069 and RC 1070).
        Recently my 1069 has developed a slight problem, about every 3 minutes the on screen video flickers and I lose sound simultaneously. This lasts for about 1.5 seconds. It's becoming very annoying. Does anyone know a fix for this? If this needs to be sent in for repair, does anyone know where I can send it or take it (In Southern New Jersey) to get a rotel authorized repair

Thanks
        Dhart86 Welcome to the forum.
        Have you tried going from the cable box direct to the tv?Is your tv Hdmi capable.I would check the source first and bypass the 1069 to see if it is the 1069 or cable box first.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

Check out the PS3, now that it's safe to turn it back on, and see if it's the same with that. As Opus007 pointed out you can also go straight to the TV and see if it still happens. It may be an issue with the cable box or the RSP-1069 at this point. I have seen things like that with DVR cable boxes so if you have a DVR the HDD may be developing a problem.

Eric

Comment

• Dhart86
            • Feb 2010

Thanks for the welcome Opus007. I've been reading the threads on this forum for a couple of months and I appreciate the insight the both you and Eric provide to newbies like me. When I get back home, I will try trace the problem by checking the direct hook-up...Tv to cable box. Eric, my cable box does not have the dvr feature but I'll also check out the PS3. What did you mean when you said "now that it's safe to turn it back on?"

I'll post any findings...thanks

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Thanks for the welcome Opus007. I've been reading the threads on this forum for a couple of months and I appreciate the insight the both you and Eric provide to newbies like me. When I get back home, I will try trace the problem by checking the direct hook-up...Tv to cable box. Eric, my cable box does not have the dvr feature but I'll also check out the PS3. What did you mean when you said "now that it's safe to turn it back on?"

I'll post any findings...thanks
              There was an issue with the date on older PS3s and the Play Station Network that caused all of them to not work for a day. Sony fixed the problem yesterday but it was an issue all over the world. It didn't affect the new slim PS3, just the old ones.

Eric

Comment

• Ken49r
                • Dec 2007

Recently my 1069 has developed a slight problem, about every 3 minutes the on screen video flickers and I lose sound simultaneously. This lasts for about 1.5 seconds. It's becoming very annoying. Does anyone know a fix for this?
                I've recently noticed it when while watching cable tv.....HDMI from cable box, HDMI to the LCD display.
                I had this problem with my cable DVR (scientific atlanta-explorer 8300HD) Check to see that the firmware is up to date on your Rotel.

Comment

• Dhart86
                  • Feb 2010

Can you tell me what the lastest version is for the 1069?

Comment

• chanlon
                    • Sep 2003

If I had to wager....I'd say its a HDMI handshaking problem.
                    Search the board - lots of HDMI handshaking problems.

Comment

• Opus007
                      • Nov 2007

Here is link to the software uodate site.http://www.bwgroup-support.com/software.html Click on Rotel and a drop down menu will appear.Choose 1069 and the software update page will load.
                      Main Software
                      Current Version: V1.22
                      Scaler Software
                      Current Version: V1.48
                      Audio Software
                      Current Version: V1.1

Comment

• Dhart86
                        • Feb 2010

Thanks everybody...I will check into all advice mentioned and post results/findings later. I have been away and could not get to my gear until this weekend.

Comment

• Dhart86
                          • Feb 2010

Sorry about the long period between posts. Family stuff kept taking my time. Anyway thought I should bring proper closure to this thread. Was finally able to get back to my gear. Did the troubleshooting as suggested. No other source (PS3 and CD player) was affected. Then I hooked the cable box directly to the LCD display.....no problem! Then I had the bright idea to switch the cable box with another cable box located in upstairs family room.
                          Wa-la.... Problem solved! Apparently, during a rain storm the power was interrupted. It caused all my gear to power off-on-off-on and off and on again. Those power cycles occurred back to back to back. Eventhough my gear is hooked into Monster power center, I assume this caused a handshake problem with that particular cable box. I don't know. I'm just glad that the 1069 is now functioning properly.

Thanks to all for your guidance!
                          Last edited by Dhart86; 23 March 2010, 12:35 Tuesday. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"