X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guybrush
    • Feb 2008

RSP-1069 and no 24fps video

I finally bought the RSP-1069 but I have a big problem with it.
    I connected my PS3 with the RSP-1069 via HDMI1 and I connected the HDMI OUT to my Optoma HD80.
    I have seen that in the HDMI menu of my RSP-1069 I have bypass option (that really made me happy at first), and I used it.
    I watched the Celine Dion Blu-Ray and I was very pleased, but when I tried to watch a movie I had a cold shower: if I send 1080p 24fps signal (movies) from my PS3 I get no video signal on my projector. If instead I send 30fps signal (Celine Dion's concert) I can see the video, but it really sucks, so this is not an option for me.
    Can anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Since there's only one firmware, units without the bypass mod will still have the BYPASS option in the HDMI menu. Without the modification, it's a resolution bypass (IE, it doesn't scale HDMI but it still goes through the circuit).

Kevin D.

Comment

• Guybrush
      • Feb 2008

Thank you Kevin for the answer.
      So you suggest me to send the RSP-1069 to make the mod ? (which in Italy costs 90 euros + shipping... :M )
      How can I be sure that my unit is already modified ?
      I have checked the firmware versions: Main is 1.1.4 and Scaler is 1.42

Thanks again.
      Last edited by Guybrush; 18 September 2009, 13:58 Friday. Reason: Added information

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

You need Scalar v1.44 for the 24fps to work. The v1.42 was what came with the scalar bypass (so you have that and don't need to send it anywhere) but the 24fps didn't happen until v1.44. The last version I have is v1.48 and the last main I have is v1.22.

Eric

Comment

• Guybrush
          • Feb 2008

I think hifiguymi and Kevin D said two different things, am I right ?
          Do you suggest me to ask for a firmware upgrade ? How can I do that ? I have the cable, do I have to contact Rotel via email ?

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

Kevin and I were referring to two different things. I made sure of the 24fps pass through from Rotel's release notes before I posted what I did.

Do you have a computer with a serial port? If not, do you have a USB to serial adapter? Without them you can't do a firmware update. If you do, PM me and I can get you the firmware and the instructions on how to do the update.

Eric

Comment

• Guybrush
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hifiguymi
              Kevin and I were referring to two different things. I made sure of the 24fps pass through from Rotel's release notes before I posted what I did.

Do you have a computer with a serial port? If not, do you have a USB to serial adapter? Without them you can't do a firmware update. If you do, PM me and I can get you the firmware and the instructions on how to do the update.

Eric
              So you are saying that I won't need the video mod ? Which problems could I have with just the firmware upgrade and no hardware mod ? (black crush, etcetc)
              However, I have everything I need to do the firmware upgrade (I did it in the past to my previous RSP-1066) and I have already asked Rotel, but if you send it to me it will be MUCH faster I believe. I will PM you.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

If you have v1.42 for your scalar firmware you have the bypass board in place. You wouldn't have v1.42 without it so all you need is new firmware.

Eric

Comment

• hifiguymi
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Guybrush
                  So you are saying that I won't need the video mod ? Which problems could I have with just the firmware upgrade and no hardware mod ? (black crush, etcetc)
                  However, I have everything I need to do the firmware upgrade (I did it in the past to my previous RSP-1066) and I have already asked Rotel, but if you send it to me it will be MUCH faster I believe. I will PM you.
                  Check your e-mail.

Eric

Comment

• Guybrush
                    • Feb 2008

Wonderful ! Now all I havevto do is find my USB-serial adapter or buy a new one, then I'll let you know if it works.
                    Thanks again !!

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

Sorry for the confusion, if you purchased new and out of the box it had 1.42 scaler you have the bypass mod.

My comment was if you bought used and the previous owner might have updated it. You could have the bypass firmware without the bypass.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Guybrush
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Kevin D
                        Sorry for the confusion, if you purchased new and out of the box it had 1.42 scaler you have the bypass mod.

My comment was if you bought used and the previous owner might have updated it. You could have the bypass firmware without the bypass.

Kevin D.
                        Actually it was sold to me as used (from an eBay shop in Germany) but it still had the protective film on the display, the remote had sealed new batteries, the serial-RJ45 cable was sealed and the first time I used it it smelled like new (you know, that inhebriating smell of new plastic warming up... :lol: )
                        Is there a way to know if it has the bypass mod or not ?

In a few minutes I'll start the firmware update procedure... fingers crossed...

Comment

• Guybrush
                          • Feb 2008

I just wanted to let you know that I have updated the firmwares and everything seems to work perfectly. 24fps video now works, so the problem was the video scaler firmware.
                          Thanks once again to everyone who helped me, you guys are great!!

Comment

• hery19
                            • Jul 2008

Gentlemen,
                            I currently have version 1.1.8 and 1.45 for video in my 1069, am I missing something without the latest firmware?

Thanks,

Eddie
                            TV: Sony XBR-85X850G
                            Receiver: Anthem MRX 720
                            Amp: Monolith 7X
                            Speakers: B&W 702 S2 Fronts, HTM71 S2 center, 706 S2 Surrounds
                            Sub: SVS PB 3000
                            Conditioner: Panamax M4300-PM
                            Bluray: OPPO BDP-93 & Panasonic DP-UB820
                            Remote: Harmony One

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"