X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

1069 480i HDMI bypass issue

I brought this up in another thread but it is becoming more annoying to me. Why is it the 1069 does not bypass 480i? I do not want to be forced to use a deinterlacer/scaler in my source components. If I send 480i to the 1069, the resulting image looks horrible. Could this possibly be fixed by Rotel with an update?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I don't think so. The Faroudja chip they have in there will always de-interlace. I believe it has to do with the A/D conversion in that video section. I know, it sucks. I spent more money on a BD player to get a better scalar because of it.

Eric

Comment

• TommyV
      • Feb 2007

Then why will it pass 1080i ?

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Because it's an HD signal. The only resolution it won't leave alone is 480i. One of the guys in tech support may be able to answer it better than I can. Send them an e-mail and ask them why it's only 480i it won't pass through.

Eric

Comment

• TommyV
          • Feb 2007

I'll try that. I just have not had great results the last couple times I emailed rotel so I was hoping for some more info here. I will give it a go. Thanks.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Try techsupport@bwgroupusa.com instead of the normal address. The limitation is present in a lot of scaler chips found in blu-rays and upscaling DVD players.

Kevin D.

Comment

• TommyV
              • Feb 2007

One more question before I email BW. Did they just give up on fixing the scaler? I mean I have heard it said that it is stuck in RGB and that is why but I have players where you can switch to RGB and it does not make the image look like that.

I am considering getting a DVDO Edge now.

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TommyV
                One more question before I email BW. Did they just give up on fixing the scaler? I mean I have heard it said that it is stuck in RGB and that is why but I have players where you can switch to RGB and it does not make the image look like that.

I am considering getting a DVDO Edge now.

If I were you I would get a HDMI switcher from monoprice that has 4 inputs and 2 outputs. Send one output to your display, and one to the Rotel used for audio.

Problem solved for lots less then the edge unless you are after the video processing.

IMO the 1069 will never get a firmware update which will let it bypass 480i.

Comment

• TommyV
                  • Feb 2007

I may give that some thought Nolan. I have been wanting a DVDO Edge for a while but could probably use to save the money.

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

Works like a charm with Harmony Remotes too

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"