X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daspaceman
    • Jan 2010

power amp recommandation

Hello,

Just got a pair of proac response d 2, with a sensitivity of 88db. What stereo or monblock power amplifier do you recommand. I think that I can get more from the speakers with a better amplifier than my current rmb1075 .
    I will still keep the rmb1075 for centre and rear duties in an HT setup.

Thanks
    A/V Preamp: Rotel RSP-1069
    Power Amp : Rotel RMB-1075
    Speakers : ProAC response d two&centre,AS6Sub,Monitor.A RXFX
    Cables : Nordost Cables.
  • SkyDover
    • Feb 2010

You might want to check out Emotiva or Rotel.

I would recommend the Rotel RB-1090 if you don't mind used, Rotel doesn't make it anymore. Possible you could try the Rotel RB-1080 ....which Rotel now calls the RB-1582 and is silver instead of black or black/silver. You may still find some new RB-1080 out there.

Or you could try Emotiva XPA-2 or XPA-1. Have affordable prices. I would also recommend the Emotiva XPA-1, I have the XPA-1 amps and been very happy with them and very, very similar in sound to Rotel and every bit as good as Rotel.

Web sites are:

Rotel

The RB-1582 is the culmination of everything we have learned to date about amplifier design and sound quality.

Emotiva

Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.

Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.

Or you could try some of Rotel's Class D amps if you don't want a nice heavy tank amp.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"