X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkyDover
    • Feb 2010

Rotel and Emotiva - compared

I've been a big fan of Rotel products. I have a Rotel RC-1090 and RB-1090 for home. I also had a RB-1092 and RC-1090 that I purchased for my office at work to listen to when working later hours, to give me something to listen to. During a period of time we were relocating our office in another location, I had the RB-1092 at home and went between the RB-1090 and RB-1092 often on the same setup and speakers.

This is when I discovered that I much preferred the RB-1090 over the RB-1092. I like the sound of the RB-1092 but it sounded more flat / horizonal sounding than the RB-1090. The RB-1090 sounded more rounded and fuller, yet smoother. It was almost as if the RB-1092 sounded like someone poppped the air out of the RB-1092 that made it lack the airy fuller rounded sound of the RB-1090. I never picked up on this before until I compared them side-by-side. I decided to sell the RB-1092 and get another RB-1090, but found out Rotel no longer makes the RB-1090.

Several people recommended the Emotiva XPA-1 amps. I started to look into Emotiva but was coming up empty on any Rotel and Emotiva differences to help me out if I should even give Emotiva a try.

I sold my Rotel RB-1092 system and decided to give Emotiva a try with all the positive I read about them.

I purchased the Emotiva XPA-1 amps and Emotiva RSP-2 pre. I've been very happy and pleased with the quality and sound from them. I'm quite surprised! The Emotiva and Rotel are very, very simular in sound! More alike than not. The Emotiva has a little wider midrange sound but all else is on par with each other. I still treasure my Rotel RB-1090 and RC-1090 and will keep it because it's great Rotel stuff!

I am very pleased with the Emotiva and very surprised it can equal that of Rotel.... and possibly slightly better if you like the wider mid-range sound of Emotiva, all for a more affordable price than I paid for my Rotel system.

The only reason I tell this is because I had to look for an alternative to get something like the Rotel RB-1090 since Rotel no longer offers it. The Emotiva did that but I had no reviews or info of how they compared to read when I was trying to research it. So just wanted to let everyone know that Rotel and Emotiva compare very well to each other, very simular in sound. I'm very pleased with mine. I've since even tried the Emotiva CD player, the ERC-1 and again been very pleased with it compared to my Rotel RCD-1072.

I love Rotel and Emotiva products now!!
  • SkyDover
    • Feb 2010

Oooops, forgot my manners....here are the specs:

Rotel RB-1090 Class A/B, 380wpc into 8ohms and weighs about 100 pounds.
    Rotel RB-1092 Class D, 500 wpc into 8ohms and weighs about 22 pounds.
    Emotiva XPA-1 Class A/B, 500 wpc into 8ohms and weighs about 80 pounds per left or right channel, separate mono blocks... need two XPA-1 for left and right.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"