X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

No volume osd on 1570

How come the volume control osd don't show up on screen while in video 1 ,2 ,3 4 mode etc .i'm using all HDMI connections. it displays on screen in tun mode cd mode etc, ?
  • Industrial
    • Mar 2009

I think I read somewhere that it doesn't do OSD via HDMI. But how are you getting OSD with the CD?

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
      • Oct 2003

hdmi osd

I have volume osd in cd ,tuner and tape mode but not on v1,v2,v3,v4,v5

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

OSD volume is only available on 480I sources and not over the HDMI inputs. It would have to have a OSD for every available resolution and the appropriate video system to be able to inject that information into the video.

Kevin D.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
          • Oct 2003

do other members have this same issue ?

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
            • Oct 2003

I thought rotel fixed the issues of osd in high res ,thats one reason I upgraded from the 1098 when my dealer said the 1570 had osd i figured it worked over hdmi .

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

It's not an issue, it's just not an option. I know of very few manufacturers that have high-res OSD.

If your dealer implied that you would go OSD over everything, he mislead you.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Industrial
                • Mar 2009

Aww you have the other working inputs over a 480 capable cable? I wouldn't know myself, I don't like OSD since I can hear and see it changing from the preamp. Maybe your dealer was wrong? or perhaps a new firmware update fixed this? I think its mentioned in the manual, all I remember is reading it and not being told verbally. Sorry for being so vague

Comment

• Industrial
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Kevin D
                  It's not an issue, it's just not an option. I know of very few manufacturers that have high-res OSD.

If your dealer implied that you would go OSD over everything, he mislead you.

Kevin D.
                  Didn't want to say that myself...OSD gets in the way anyways

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                    • Oct 2003

well thanks for the info I figured everything worked the way it was supposed to but its weird to have the cd and tuner work on screen volume and not any of the video inputs. i was hoping that it was a upgrade i missed.again everythings working strictly through 1.3 hdmi with a sony 1080p xbr9

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                      • Oct 2003

I like to see osd for volume ,sub adjustment ect my unit is to far away to see the screen

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"