X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

RSP 1570 - HDMI 1.4a

Hi all,

I read a caption in a magazine that said Rotel RSP 1570 preamps have 1.4a hdmi and 3d capability. Is this the latest models coming off the factory line that have this new version? Can a 1.3a hdmi input be updated via firmware to 1.4a? I'm aware of the 3d passthrough firmware update on the current models. Lets hope this can be done. Thanks.

RoMan :T
  • bows3r
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by RoMan
    Hi all,

I read a caption in a magazine that said Rotel RSP 1570 preamps have 1.4a hdmi and 3d capability. Is this the latest models coming off the factory line that have this new version? Can a 1.3a hdmi input be updated via firmware to 1.4a? I'm aware of the 3d passthrough firmware update on the current models. Lets hope this can be done. Thanks.

RoMan :T
    My dealer also told me that RSP-1570 has 1.4 inside and it could be unleashed with a firmware update. Don't know what to believe any more since people here are talking that it's 1.3.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

A firmware update cannot add the additional signal paths needed for full HDMI 1.4 compliance, i.e. ethernet, and audio talk back. It can (and has, I believe) enable 3d pass-through though.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

This is where it gets a little hazy. The only mandatory requirements for 1.4a over 1.3 is support for sending, passing, and/or decoding the 4 possible ways to send 3D video.

The other new features (ethernet, audio return, etc) are optional features and would require a new HDMI chip. Some of the 3D formats do require a higher speed HDMI chip than a minimum 1.3 chip would have, but luckily Rotel used higher speed chips than was required.

So the 15 series with a firmware update is fully HDMI 1.4a compliant, but does not support any of the optional 1.4 components.

Kevin D.

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

The HDMI debacle continues I see!!. They have got to get there poop together and put out a standard for HDMI and LEAVE it there!. Never has there been a wire so annoying as HDMI!!.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"