RSP-1068 fuse blew and replaced - no front channels now (updated)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chachi
    • Mar 2003

RSP-1068 fuse blew and replaced - no front channels now (updated)

Power cord unfortunately wiggled loose and fuse on top of power board nearest the rear on/off switch tapped out this week.

Don't have a magnifying glass to hand (wheres a box of cracker jack when you need one ?!? :lol: ) so can anyone confirm the requisite rating/values I need to hunt down for a euro-spec model?

edit is it 1a 250v ?
    Last edited by chachi; 19 December 2009, 15:55 Saturday.
    Links: My DVD Collection
    Video: Sagem 56" HD RPTV, Oppo BD-83
    Audio: Rotel RSP-1069, RDD-980, 2x RB-1070, RB-993
    Spkrs: Wharfedale Pi-30s x2, Pi-Centre, Si-Fi Orbs x2, BK XLS-200 subs x2
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The main AC fuse is 2A, the power supply uses 4 x 3.15A.

Slow-blow 250v

Comment

• chachi
      • Mar 2003

Thanks, but hmm as definitely (upon finding a magnifying glass) is/was a 1a-250v slowblow that was in there.

I did get this second hand about 3 years ago but supposedly never had exhibited any symptoms or had any issues with the previous owner and I've not had a problem with it until now :|

I put a 1a/250v slowblow in there and all lights up as normal but no front channels being passed to either amp unfortunately via analog, coaxial or optical feed from cd or dvd, sub comes through clean but that's all :cry:

Anything I can do to troubleshoot internally which board I've blown, my only option is likely to now ship it to Rotel UK at prob £75 courier costs as there is no Rotel in Cyprus

Comment

• srb
        • Oct 2004

It's a good sign that the new fuse did not blow. Have you tried resetting the unit to the Factory Defaults?

Steve

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by chachi
          Thanks, but hmm as definitely (upon finding a magnifying glass) is/was a 1a-250v slowblow that was in there.

I did get this second hand about 3 years ago but supposedly never had exhibited any symptoms or had any issues with the previous owner and I've not had a problem with it until now :|

I put a 1a/250v slowblow in there and all lights up as normal but no front channels being passed to either amp unfortunately via analog, coaxial or optical feed from cd or dvd, sub comes through clean but that's all :cry:

Anything I can do to troubleshoot internally which board I've blown, my only option is likely to now ship it to Rotel UK at prob £75 courier costs as there is no Rotel in Cyprus
          Sorry, I didn't even think to look at your location. I was quoting the US fuse sizes.

You might have to look at more of the fuses. You could have blow more.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chachi
            • Mar 2003

No need to dig out the manual and original remote and remember how to ... all the other settings/names/etc have been kept so didnt think a reset could cause audio to work/not work

Comment

• srb
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by chachi
              No need to dig out the manual and original remote and remember how to ... all the other settings/names/etc have been kept so didnt think a reset could cause audio to work/not work
              There is a good chance one or more of the other four fuses have blown, or other components were damaged or have gone bad. I just assumed when Kevin mentioned the other fuses, they were checked also.

But if the fuses are determined good, or replaced and don't blow again, and the front channels still don't work, resetting is just one of the steps in a troubleshooting routine that should be attempted before shipping the unit back.

Odds are it won't help, but on the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time I have seen rebooting/resetting a component return it to it's normal operation.

Steve

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"