X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jorgen68
    • Jun 2009

Rb985 MOSFET? Modification tips?

Does the Rb985 have MOSFET transistors?Is there anyway to improve the rb 985 if i should want to modify it?If so what do you recomend? 8) jorgen
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

The amp uses bipolar transistors. IMO there's nothing really to modify. Any benefit to be gained would not be commensurate to the amount of effort and expense involved. If you are dissatisfied with some aspect of the amp's performance then consider upgrading to something else, maybe Classé.

Also, I know that using the preouts of an AVR is a cost-effective option to a dedicated preamp/processor but you should also consider that the AVR you're currently using in this fashion may be a weak link in your system.
    Last edited by Glen B; 07 November 2009, 11:43 Saturday.

Comment

• jorgen68
      • Jun 2009

I´m very pleased whith the unit.Iwas just checking if there were any tweaks to be made.the pre unit is a rsp 1068 and is also very good. jorgen

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"