X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riegart
    • Oct 2009

Rotel-RSX972 and Monitor Audio RS6

Advice, I have the Rotel-RSX972 (I know, its an old one) and my speakers (Castle, I don´t know the type or number) are lost with a transport... so now I have to buy new speakers. I found the Monitor Audio RS6 and in the store they sound well, but it´s not whit my Rotel. Maybe I can bring my Rotel to the store and test it there. But are there some people that knows something about the combination of Rotel and Monitor Audio? I like also the BW 684 but the price here in Chile is almost dubble the price in Europe
    Is there somebody that give me some advice? Thanks a lot!!!!
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

I used the 972 to power 4 Ohm speakers for several years.
    It was a very clean sounding receiver IMO.

However, if you can fit a dedicated Rotel amp in your budget, the difference would be noticeable.

Comment

• riegart
      • Oct 2009

Advice

thanks, I don´t know if I can fit in a Rotel amp in my budget... what is a normal price for an amp that fits to the RSX-972?
      But the first question is more importent, what are good speakers for the RSX-972? What is important, Watt, Ohm... what is better?

Comment

• Nuthed
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by riegart
        Advice, I have the Rotel-RSX972 (I know, its an old one) and my speakers (Castle, I don´t know the type or number) are lost with a transport... so now I have to buy new speakers. I found the Monitor Audio RS6 and in the store they sound well, but it´s not whit my Rotel. Maybe I can bring my Rotel to the store and test it there. But are there some people that knows something about the combination of Rotel and Monitor Audio? I like also the BW 684 but the price here in Chile is almost dubble the price in Europe
        Is there somebody that give me some advice? Thanks a lot!!!!
        Are you able to try some Paradigms? The Monitor 9 or even the Monitor 7s will work very nicely with your Rotel. They are very efficient speakers, so they are a good match for an AVR with "just" 75 wpc.

BTW, I have a 972 myself. :T Right now it is in my basement theater, doing movie duty for the kids.

Paradigms are made in Canada, so I don't know their availability in S America or their prices that far south.

Monitor Audio speakers are very nice, IMHO the SQ is very similar to the Paradigm Monitor series of speakers.
        Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
        RB980-BX driving mains
        Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
        Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
        Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
        SVS PB-12

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"