X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vtwinaholic
    • Jun 2009

Need Rotel Advice

I had a fire a while back and I need to replace the gear I had - gear that is no longer made... So, here's what I had... What should I replace it with?... I'd like to stick with Rotel and B&W...

Rotel RB1090
    Rotel preamp (can't remember the model number!)
    B&W CDM9NT

And, has anybody heard the 1582 yet?... Did you like it?...
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

vtwinaholic,

Bummer on the fire. As to your speakers, the 703 is the successor to the CDM9NT. It's very good.

For electronics, probably the nearest amp to the 1090 would be a 1092 ($2500 list, 500 watts x 2) or the new 15 series amps, the 1582 (class A/B, 200 wpc) and 1572 (class D, 250 wpc). The 1092's are beasts and you might find deals on these.

For the pre-amp, Rotel has 10 series and 15 series pre-amps that are nice. the RC-1582 does have phono capability if that helps.

You might find deals on the 10 series pre-amps as the new 15 series are coming out.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"