X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmusic
    • Oct 2009

Amplifier Help - RB1072 vs RB 1070

Dear Members,

I am looking for a new music system. I was wondering if RC1070 along with the RB1072 is a good combination or not. I also had a look at the RB1070 (130 Watt) and was wondering if that would go along with the pre-amplifier. 1070 is cheaper then the 1072, but does provide more output. I wont be playing the system at too high level anyway. but the cost is making me think of 1070.
    would you suggest me to keep the RC1070-RB1072 combination or go for the RC1070-RB1070. also, the main difference i see is that the 1072 uses a class D circuit, which i see is far more superior form of circuitry.

It would be great to get your feedback.

Cheers in advance...
    Last edited by gmusic; 12 October 2009, 02:11 Monday.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

They are both nice amps, it just comes down to preference. The RB-1070 is a little warmer sound and may work better with speakers that are more forward in the treble. The RB-1072 has faster bass and can run almost any impedance speaker (in my experience anyway). I wouldn't call the class D circuit superior just different. The one area that it is superior is energy consumption. Also because of it's lower energy consumption it generates no heat.

You should try to listen to them both if you can.

Eric

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"