X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweetspud
    • Feb 2015

Rotel RSP-1069 / Cambridge Audio Stream Magic

I have a 5.1 home theater set up with a Rotel RSP-1069 (RSP) as the processor/preamp.

I have a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic DAC/Network Player that I'd like to introduce into the system.

What is the best method to connect to the RSP??

Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

You have two options...

Either an analogue audio cable to a spare input on the RSP1069 ("CD") would make sense to me if you're not already using it.

Alternatively use a digital cable.

Personally I would actually do both and you can then assess if you prefer the sound of the StreamMagic's DAC (if using analogue cable) or the Rotel's DAC (when using the digital connection). It's as much a personal preference as one being "better"; also if you use a subwoofer or other DSP mode when listening to music from the StreamMagic the digital connection would technically be more direct.

Eloise

Comment

• hurin
      • Sep 2009

An optical cable is always the safest option since it provides galvanic isolation.

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by hurin
        An optical cable is always the safest option since it provides galvanic isolation.
        This would be my choice too.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

If you use the optical cable the you are using the DAC in the Rotel... which the DAC in the Magic Dac might be better... so I would hook it up with SPDIF connection and listen to it that way as well as connect the unbalanced analog out into the rotel and see how it sounds that way.

Find which sounds best and you are set!
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"