X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guybrush
    • Feb 2008

RSP-1069 and HDMI splitter

I currently own a RSP-1066 and RMB-1075 connected to a PlayStation 3 and I am planning to replace the RSP-1066 with a RSP-1069 in order to listen to lossless soundtracks.
    In order to avoid the HDMI video problems I read bout in this forum, I was thinking about buying an Octava HDMI splitter and connect it to the RSP-1069 and to my projector.
    Do you think this is a wise solution ?

Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If the 1069 has the bypass mod done, you'll most likely not have any issues. The splitter should work, but with HDMI there's no telling. Best bet is to get the 1069 first and see how it goes.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Guybrush
      • Feb 2008

That's what I'm going to do (buy first and the see what happens to the video signal).
      However I am going to buy the RSP-1069 on eBay from Germany (I live in Italy) and it is new, but I don't think it is going to have the mod.
      I have tried to talk to Rotel's official italian distributor, but they don't know about this mod.

Comment

• chanlon
        • Sep 2003

I'm using a Monoprice HDMI splitter because I have 5 components with HDMI connections. My rotel 1069 works fine. What sort of issues are you worried about?

Comment

• Guybrush
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chanlon
          I'm using a Monoprice HDMI splitter because I have 5 components with HDMI connections. My rotel 1069 works fine. What sort of issues are you worried about?
          I am worried about all the video issues I read on this forum. Rotel is aware of that, since it has made a mod that lets you bypass the video scaler, but here in Italy dealers know nothing about it.

Comment

• chanlon
            • Sep 2003

OK, I understand. As Kevin mentioned, if you have the mod, you prob won't experience any video issues. I have not.

Comment

• Guybrush
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chanlon
              OK, I understand. As Kevin mentioned, if you have the mod, you prob won't experience any video issues. I have not.
              You don't have video issues or you don't have the mod ?

Comment

• chanlon
                • Sep 2003

I have no video issues and I have the mod.

Comment

• Guybrush
                  • Feb 2008

For KevinD:
                  Can you tell me where I can find the thread about the video issues with the RSP-1069 and the official stance from Rotel ?

Thanks,
                  Simone

Comment

• TommyV
                    • Feb 2007

The only video issue is with 480i if you have the bypass installed. Chances are the unit you buy will have it.
                    Last edited by TommyV; 08 September 2009, 12:06 Tuesday.

Comment

• chanlon
                      • Sep 2003

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=28530 is the link you are looking for.

Comment

• Guybrush
                        • Feb 2008

I finally bought the RSP-1069 but I have a big problem with it.
                        I connected my PS3 with the RSP-1069 via HDMI1 and I connected the HDMI OUT to my Optoma HD80.
                        I have seen that in the HDMI menu of my RSP-1069 I have bypass option (that really made me happy at first), and I used it.
                        I watched the Celine Dion Blu-Ray and I was very pleased, but when I tried to watch a movie I had a cold shower: if I send 1080p 24fps signal (movies) from my PS3 I get no video signal on my projector. If instead I send 30fps signal (Celine Dion's concert) I can see the video, but it really sucks, so this is not an option for me.
                        Can anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot.

PS. This seems quite off-topic, so I'll open a new thread, Administrators should remove this last post, thanks !
                        Last edited by Guybrush; 17 September 2009, 16:46 Thursday. Reason: Off Topic

Comment

• hifiguymi
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2007

Have you connected the PS3 to the projector with the 1080/24p turned on and did it work? If you turn the 24fps off in the PS3 can you watch a movie? I see that projector is supposed to be compatible with that resolution so work your way through all of your options.

Eric

Comment

• Guybrush
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                            Have you connected the PS3 to the projector with the 1080/24p turned on and did it work? If you turn the 24fps off in the PS3 can you watch a movie? I see that projector is supposed to be compatible with that resolution so work your way through all of your options.

Eric
                            Of course it worked without the RSP-1069 (PS3 connected directly to hte projector). I have also tried to turn the 24 fps off in the PS3 and ti works, put I get a 30fps video, which looks ugly if compared to the 24fps, which is much mure natural looking. It seems like the RSP-1069 doesn't support 24fps.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Mar 2007

What firmware version do you have? It is possible to have the HDMI bypass and not have the 24fps firmware. Just hold down the mute button on the front panel and it will show main firmware and video firmware.

Eric

Comment

• Guybrush
                                • Feb 2008

I have checked the firmware versions: Main is 1.1.4 and Scaler is 1.42
                                But we shold move this discussion to http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=34715

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"