X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanies
    • Jun 2008

RC1082 buttons lit two by two !

Hello everybody

I received my Rotel RC1082 from my dealer couple months ago and everything looks fine.
    The problem was that the volume knob stopped working and it wasn lit plus sometimes when I was powering on the preamp coupe inputs on the RC1082 were lit on on the listening section and two more on the recording section.

Recently I purchased a Harmony One Universal remote control and I configured to turn on and off the stereo system with the remote.

The problem is back again. The volume knob still lits but when I hit for the first time to power on the RC1082 it lits two buttons together and two recording buttons together. After that what ever I hit it doesn't lit two of them.

(THATS WEIRD !!!)

I also activated the 12V Trigger on the pre amp the tuner RT1080 and the power amp RB1080. (Is there any special way to connect the 12 trigger cables between them or always the OUT goes to IN and so forth.

Everything also is hooked up to a RLC1040 power conditioner.

I really dont know what is going on and if something will happen again. Is it something serious or its not a big deal?

I would appreciate any solution comments tips hints.

Rotel couldnt replace it the first time because the product discontinued

Well... wish me luck
    and also luck to have answers on my posting

Thank you very much

John
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The pre-amp should turn on with just an input button. Do two lights light up when you do that? IE, don't hit POWER - INPUT to turn it on, just hit INPUT.

Kevin D.

Comment

• yanies
      • Jun 2008

Keep Testing

Originally posted by Kevin D
      The pre-amp should turn on with just an input button. Do two lights light up when you do that? IE, don't hit POWER - INPUT to turn it on, just hit INPUT.

Kevin D.

After some tests like... disconnecting the pre amp from the surge connecting in to the wall and try to power on the pre amp from the on-off button it does the same thing when I power it on after 1-2 hours. Two lights on the listening source and two lights on the recording source.
      In all cases the tuner is ALWAYS involved.

...I tried what you suggested me Kevin. I just hit the input that I wanted and nothing happened. Everything was fine.

I will have to find a way now to configure Harmony One not to get involve with the power.

But why?
      Why the power button does this I wonder

Thanks Kevin

John

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"