X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldironsights
    • Jun 2009

buying a used rc-1070 pre amp?

Hello everyone im new to this site and am seriously looking to get some rotel gear, and decided this was the place to ask some questions. I went to my local dealer (only one in vegas) and he wants top dollar of course for a ra-1062 60wpc integrated. I have found a used rc-1070 for a very decent price. Would it not be wise to buy this item used?? I would still have to buy a rotel power amp to match. I was thinking at least a rb-1050 70wpc or a rb-1072 100wpc class d. I am assembling my 1st hi end system and really like the way the ra-1062 sounded with the canton gle 409 speakers he had. I assume I will buy those new from him and buy the pre and power amp used. What do you all think???? Thanks for helping out a new guy!!

Brad
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi Brad,

Welcome to HTG!

I'd buy the decently priced RC-1070 and look for a second hand RB-1070 (120 watts) or RB-1080 (200 watts). That will give you much more headroom for the future than the top dollar RA-1062 (60 watts).

Nigel.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

A used RC-1070 should go for no more than $250 - $300. If you are into vinyl playback it does have a decent MM phono stage. It is a very simple design, yet a good start for seperates. I, too, would look for nothing below a RB-1070 amp.

Comment

• oldironsights
        • Jun 2009

So you both wouldn't go under 120 watts?? Are you familiar with the canton gle 409 speakers? I liked the sound of those over the b+ws that were comparable. Thanks for your input fellas. Do you know anywhere I can find used hi end components online???

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

Audiogon provides a marketplace for people to buy, sell, trade, or discuss high-end audio. Audiogon is a community for hifi enthusiasts and audiophiles.

May need to keep a close eye for postings. I have a few on the 'bay.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"