X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

15 series Accessories

Does anyone know if the Rotel accessories i.e. RKF 100, RLC 1040, RLC 1080 will adapt the new 15 series design in the near future?
  • Industrial
    • Mar 2009

Ive been wanting to pick up a power conditioner for my Rotel 15 series setup. Would be really nice to have everything visually matching. I don't know, we heard about the 15 series CDP way before it came out and even about an Internet Tuner coming out but nothing about Rack Fans or Power Conditioners.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

From what I understand the plan is to have line conditioners in the 15 Series but I don't know about a rack fan. I would doubt it since most of the amps are class D and don't require one. I believe that Rotel's line of thought is the class A/B amps are less likely to be used in a rack and more in a traditional stereo rack and although the processor and receivers do generate some heat, it's not enough to warrant a separate fan. Time will tell.

Comment

• wz2p7j
        • Sep 2006

And a matching Blu-Ray unit, please. Chris

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I don't think you will se a BD player from Rotel for a long time if ever. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Eric

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by wz2p7j
            And a matching Blu-Ray unit, please. Chris
            Chris, I reckon a smallish company like Rotel should stick to their knitting and their knitting doesn't include Blu-ray or DVD players. They do not have a good track record in this field and their competitors are offering impressive technology and high quality manufacturing at a great price point. It's a shame that your player won't look the same as your other gear but once the lights are dimmed you won't notice or care.

Nigel.

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
              From what I understand the plan is to have line conditioners in the 15 Series but I don't know about a rack fan. I would doubt it since most of the amps are class D and don't require one. I believe that Rotel's line of thought is the class A/B amps are less likely to be used in a rack and more in a traditional stereo rack and although the processor and receivers do generate some heat, it's not enough to warrant a separate fan. Time will tell.
              Will they be the exact same conditioner or will new things be added?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Vancouver
                Will they be the exact same conditioner or will new things be added?
                There was nothing firm when I asked about it. Since the main components of the 15 Series are now done and shipping (for the most part) we may see more of that type of product late this year to early next year. The only thing that may slow up items like line conditioners would be the possible replacement for the RSP-1098, a real high performance receiver and a new tuner. There was also talk of a replacement of the RX-1052 as well so we'll just have to see what CEDIA brings.

Eric

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Might be a new model if they plan on staying with APC. I noticed the other day that the silver colored APC units the 10 series is based on are now discontinued. Looks like APC might be gearing up for new models.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
                    Might be a new model if they plan on staying with APC. I noticed the other day that the silver colored APC units the 10 series is based on are now discontinued. Looks like APC might be gearing up for new models.

Kevin D.

I would sell my current one and get another if they added the ability to hook it up to a network and included some monitoring software. It would also be nice to have a couple more switched outlets.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"