X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

New Rotel Power Conditioners

I don't think this has been posted yet...just noticed that Rotel now has information about their new (APC rebranded) power conditioners on their web site:

Rotel manufactures high end consumer electronics for stereo, home theater and whole house audio systems.

Kinda funny that they don't mention them on the 'what's new' area of the home page...
    Brad
  • Club1820
    • Jan 2006

Yes, they've been on the site for about 1 week. I received email from Rotel stating that they would actually be in stores within 30 days. Have held out on buying power conditioner for this item so that it can match the rest of my equipment.
    Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Boone38
      • Dec 2004

I have been waiting for the same. I can not find a price for these? Leaning more towards the 1040. It is my understanding that these are relabeled APC units?

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Boone38
        It is my understanding that these are relabeled APC units?
        Yup. See previous thread on this subject for more info:

Brad

Comment

• Audiophiliac
          • Apr 2006

I cant remember what our rep said they would retail for. The 1040 somewhere in the $300-$500 range and the 1080 $1000-ish.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

They're certainly much sexier than my older APC models :P
            Jason

Comment

• Club1820
              • Jan 2006

the 1040 will be $499 MSRP. dont recall what the other model will be.
              Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• sajaga
                • Oct 2004

Is there going to be anything released for the Australian market??

Comment

• H.Donald
                  • Aug 2004

I am going to get one,just so I can be totally M***ter free!!!!

Comment

• Audiophiliac
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by H.Donald
                    I am going to get one,just so I can be totally M***ter free!!!!
                    Good. We dont want your house to catch fire! Literally....we ran high voltage down the cable line into a monster 5100 and kablamo!. It smelled funny. The Panamax rep said they do it all the time for demos. It was fun. They bought the 5100 burnt and gave us the comparable Pmax product. It is much better than the other. Rotel should be cool though especially the battery backup unit. Will match everyone's stack.

Comment

• bulitnv
                      • Mar 2006

will the Rotel unit be that much better than the Mon$ter 5100? Might I run into problems with the Mon$ter unit?

chris

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by bulitnv
                        will the Rotel unit be that much better than the Mon$ter 5100? Might I run into problems with the Mon$ter unit?

chris
                        Well it's made my APC so yes, it should work better/be safer than the monster product IMO.
                        Jason

Comment

• Tha Freak
                          • Jul 2003

How much in CA price??

and they do look sexier than the Monster ones!! :T
                          - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• bulitnv
                            • Mar 2006

While the Mon$ser doesn't match, I am not too concerned unless I could have a problem. The Mon$ter is brand new, just dropped $450 on it. Would it be worth it to blow it out and buy the Rotel? My dealer thought the Mon$ter was a quality product, is this not the case?

Chris

Comment

• IntegrateMe
                              • May 2004

You should always be skeptical of audio companies who spend huge dollars on marketing and advertising, see Bose, Monster.

If the money is paying for a $50,000 concert at CEDIA, it isn't going into the product.

I know that is a gross oversimplification, but the fact remains.

Comment

• bulitnv
                                • Mar 2006

That is not always true. Instead of marketing, some companies pocket the money (larger salaries, bonuses etc). Just because a company doesn't spend alot of money marketing don't be fooled into thinking all that lettuce is being dumped into product development, it usually is not. :T

That being said, the Rotel may be a better unit. I am ok with that. I'd just like to know why. Before I sell the Mon$ter at a loss after using it for 3 weeks, only to buy a prettier, matching unit (which I'd love to do), I need to have some facts as to why it makes sense. can anyone help with this?

Chris

Comment

• Club1820
                                  • Jan 2006

I am not an expert by no means, but look at the Joules rating of the Monster vs the new Rotel 1040. Also, the 1040 is a voltage regulator, which the Monster is not. AND ITS PRETTY!

Comment

• aud19
                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2003

Here's some links:

Over the past few years we have put forth our best effort to demystify the industry on cable snake oils and ficticious claims. While this battle isn't quite yet over, we are happy with the progress

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"