X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ipsterl
    • Apr 2009

rmb 1085 and 12V trigger

My understanding is that the amp must stay on to use the 12V trigger. Should I keep the amp on and use this or turn the amp on manually? What is better for the amp, processor and speakers?
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

The amps power button should stay depressed (on) when using remote trigger "in" - from the processor. When it's remotely triggered (on or off) you'll hear a relay clicking noise, but there's no visual indication as to what state its in. Obviously when its off you won't hear anything!
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• ipsterl
      • Apr 2009

Thanks. That is what I thought. Do you think it is a good idea to use the trigger?

Comment

• biekrx
        • Apr 2009

There is a visual indicator

I am currently driving my 1085 with an RA-1060 integrated from the pre-outs. I use the trigger from the RA-1060, but I only set it to "Stand-by" when I turn it off by using the power button on the remote. The red "protection" light on the 1085 comes on about 5-10 seconds after the RA-1060 is set to "stand-by" indicating that it is in standby as well. I do hear the relays click over when this happens.

I leave them in standby on the theory that the electronics will "stay warm". The RA-1060 takes a couple of hours to warm up when I fully power it down by the main switch. When I first got it, I was really disappointed with it until I had played it for a few hours and let it warm up. I haven't really tried this on the 1085 because I prefer to have a single button to turn on the system.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"