X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fargo
    • Sep 2005

RMB-1095 Won't Power Up

Hello,

Went to turn on the RMB-1095 the other day and it would not power up. Normal start-up sequence is for the power indicator to light (blue LED) after the power switch is pushed in. Next, all five channel over-current protection indicators light (red LED) and then after a few seconds the channel protection LED’s go out.

So, I verified that other system components (on the same circuit) were powered up and they were. I have an RB-1090 sitting in the rack above the RMB-1095, which is connected to a separate dedicated circuit. I left the RB-1090 plug connected to the power strip and connected the component end of he power cord to the RMB-1095. Same situation. I also checked the 12V trigger switch setting and it is OFF.

The rather minimal troubleshooting tips in the manual tell you after all else fails to ensure the INPUT SELECTOR SWITCH on the RMB-1095 back panel matches the type of input you are using. The only switch on the back panel is the 12V trigger setting. Anyway I am using balanced inputs (XLR interconnect cables).

This component was new in 2005 so it is clearly out-of-warranty. I called the Rotel tech support line and left a message and have not heard back from them. I have not extracted the beast out of the rack yet to open it up to see what the power supply protection scheme is. I assume there is an AC line fuse in there but not sure.

First, has anyone found himself or herself in this situation? If so, what was the problem? Finally, anyone have the beast opened up and should I expect to fine a power supply fuse?

Thanks – IN TWO CHANNEL MODE, which is OK because I prefer to listen to music anyway…
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

When you say it is not powering up, what exactly is it doing, or not doing?

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fargo
      This component was new in 2005 so it is clearly out-of-warranty. I called the Rotel tech support line and left a message and have not heard back from them. I have not extracted the beast out of the rack yet to open it up to see what the power supply protection scheme is. I assume there is an AC line fuse in there but not sure.
      This should have a 5 year warranty. So depending on when in 2005 you purchased it from your dealer, it may still be in under warranty.

Also, DO NOT open it up, as it may still be under warranty.

Have you called your dealer? Hopefully Rotel will call back soon. For me, they have been good to work with.

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by htsteve; 03 July 2010, 08:11 Saturday.

Comment

• tomasito
        • Dec 2009

Hello Fargo,
        Kindly keep us updated, I too have a 1095, which I bought back in 2008. even if it is still under warranty shipping it back will be a pain. the 1095 weighs easily 90~100 lbs.

I am very interested of the cause of the problem.

Comment

• Fargo
          • Sep 2005

I pulled the amp out of the rack boxed it up and took back to the dealer yesterday. It is still in warranty. Dealer told me it could take two - three weeks. I am not that optimistic. I will let you know when I get it back what the problem was.

Comment

• Fargo
            • Sep 2005

windshear - Sorry, when I push the ON button it does not turn on.

Comment

• windshear
              • Dec 2004

Good call, if under warranty , send it back and let them deal with it. By the sound of it , there must be a fuse thats blown.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"