X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrtm
    • Apr 2009

Rotel RMB-1095 or RSP-1068 Problem.

Hi Guys,

My RMB-1095 or RSP-1068 has developed a problem over the weekend. The left front channel stopped working so I reversed the front L & R pre-outs to see if it was amp or the processor but after doing this both speakers started working again. I swapped the pre-outs back to their proper left and right positions and the speakers continued to work.

After a couple of hours of listening to CD in 2ch stereo the left channel faded out. So again I swapped over the pre-outs and again the speakers worked. I swapped them back to their proper left and right channels and the speakers continued to work.

I think I am looking down the barrel of a very annoying intermittent problem. Has anyone any ideas what it could be? I am thinking a dry joint though hoping not because that means persistent problems forever. My RMB-1095 is 7yrs old and out of warrant but the RSP-1068 still has about 3 months left.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Leave them switched and see what speaker goes out. If the same channel, reverse it back and reverese the speaker wires and see what speaker goes out.

Does sound like a bad solder joint somewhere, just need to track it down. Could also be a bad cable.

Kevin D.

Comment

• windshear
      • Dec 2004

I had a similar problem on my RSP 1068. It was the board that the pre outs came off. Its a cheap and nasty board with not enough screws on it, so if you move the connectors or have twisted it slightly the board cracks due to it flexing. Im just living with the problem as my warranty has expired. Now my digital coax 1 spdif has failed. Hmmmmm im not a happy camper.

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

Ballance Design Concept ?/???/

Comment

• jrtm
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by windshear
          I had a similar problem on my RSP 1068. It was the board that the pre outs came off. Its a cheap and nasty board with not enough screws on it, so if you move the connectors or have twisted it slightly the board cracks due to it flexing. Im just living with the problem as my warranty has expired. Now my digital coax 1 spdif has failed. Hmmmmm im not a happy camper.
          The left channel again faded out and I wiggled the cables at the processor pre-out connectors and nothing changed. I did it at the amp end and nothing. I switched the pre-out cables at the amp and the speakers fired up again. I swapped them back to their normal positions and the speakers kept working.

I am just going to take both the amp and processor in, I know this if going to be an annoying problem that wont go away.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"