X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sergiok
    • Oct 2005

Rsp1068

hi all

i have rsp1068/rmb1095 combo & love it but have found that the rsp1068 gets very hot.was wondering if this was normal?

sk
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Mine is incredibly hot too. I make sure I never leave anything on top of it. Normal???? I dont know... Any other input?
    Stew
    Stew

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

Its a workhorse, so yes they tend to get toasty. Rotel disipates the heat well which is why we can feel it.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I concur, it's packed full of heat producing components that run at full tilt reguardless of the volume level.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Indeed, just ensure you have adequate ventilation, and the Pre-pro is on top of the rack if possible.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• DelRay
            • Jun 2004

It gets hotter than my amps! So I keep it on the top shelf, right under the fan.

Comment

• sergiok
              • Oct 2005

once again thanks guys
              now its time to play.

sk

Comment

• Rael
                • Oct 2005

Mine gets really hot too and I've been meaning to ask the question here as well. Glad to know I don't have a faulty unit!!

Comment

• H.Donald
                  • Aug 2004

Hmmm...I am in the minority here.I have never noticed the heat from my 1068...and certainly not warmer than my 1095.And never have I felt it hot...it also in less space than the amp.....funny.

Comment

• soundhound
                    • Mar 2004

It may be "mode" dependant H. Donald, on the left side you will note the vents which may be above the power supply and or processor. Mine is cool this morning, but I have noticed it run hot. Still not to worry.........

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"