X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • opticalhead
    • Mar 2009

hooking ipods up to a rsp-1570

im trying to figure out how to hook up my ipod to my 1570 the shop i bought it at said it would hook right up but they went out of business so not much help there
    Kelly
  • opticalhead
    • Mar 2009

i have about a 100 gig of songs on my pc and use itunes i also would like to know if there is a device to hook up to my stereo system so i can access and play them without using a pc?

Comment

• Kreyfish
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by opticalhead
      im trying to figure out how to hook up my ipod to my 1570 the shop i bought it at said it would hook right up but they went out of business so not much help there
      Kelly
      Various companies make cables with an ipod compatible 3.5mm plug on one end and two or three RCA's on the other. The RCA's can be plugged into a spare av input on the back of your 1570, then you select that input, fire up the ipod and your away.
      You can also go one step further and buy an ipod dock which has the previously mentioned cable along with a power supply so the ipod charges while it is docked.

Personally, I hate the damn things. There is an entire generation that would not know High Fidelity if they fell over it, but my wife has one so I bought a dock for her and hooked it up to the 1098. Now she can even get the playlists on the 1098's lcd panel...
      It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

Comment

• kmcheng
        • Jan 2008

If you have cash to burn you can get the Wadia 170iTransport (http://www.wadia.com/products/transports/170i/). If the songs were ripped as apple lossless to your ipod then you can get very close to high fidelity.

Comment

• lotones
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Kreyfish
          Personally, I hate the damn things. There is an entire generation that would not know High Fidelity if they fell over it, but my wife has one so I bought a dock for her and hooked it up to the 1098. Now she can even get the playlists on the 1098's lcd panel...
          I think they're great. The dacs in an iPod are better than some stand-alone cd players. It's not the iPod that compromises sound quality, it's the choice of compression format. You can load big fat AIFF files on there if you want with no loss of sound quality at all, or choose a "lossless" file format if you want to carry a bit more music with you.

The great thing is you have a choice.

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by lotones
            The dacs in an iPod are better than some stand-alone cd players.
            woooohaaaa! that's more than just a brave statement. Unless those "some stand-alone cd players" are really the ones in your pc :B

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Google comes up with a few Docks with digital out.
              Last December, when Wadia Digital announced that it was releasing an iPod docking cradle that could access the digital signal before it had passed through the player's own D/A converter, many audiopundits were surprised. I was disbelieving, and nearly told Wadia's John Schaffer that he was shining me on. After all, Apple has tiptoed around the whole issue of consumers being able to digitally copy their iTunes files, going so far as to wrap its iTunes Music Store files in digital rights management (DRM) code.

High-End manufacturer of audio equipment, specializing in Digital to Analog Converters. Crafted in California.

and more...
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Redhawk
                • Feb 2007

Google "ipod line out cable" it connects at the base rather than the headphone 1/8 inch jack so it bypasses the amp in the ipod. You can get them with either an 1/8 inch or RCA pair on the other end.

Ripping using EAC into FLAC on an ipod with Rockbox firmware or the more user friendly but less transferrable Apple Lossless will get you very good sound.

For something to play with, look into using the line out cable to a portable headphone amp.
                RDV-1045 - RMB-1075 - RSP-1069 - RCD-1072 - CM7 - CM1 - ASW 608

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"