X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abe1877
    • Mar 2006

ipod to rsx-1067

I just purchased a 1067. How do you hook up an ipod to the 1067? Dumd question i guess?

I first tried to hook it up to video input 1 and i can listen to the music, but that is my input for the dvd player even though i have the video input set to another video for that.

Can someone help? I guess i'm doing something wrong. Also, when iwas listening to it, it seems i need to have the volume pretty high to listen to it compared to my other inputs. I am currently using a really crappy cable and havent purchased a new one yet. Is this the probelm?

Abe
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Are you hooking it up analog or digital? If analog, just hook it to any unused input. If digital, hook it up where ever you can and go into the setup menu and set an unused input to look at that digital connection.

As far as the volume, I highly suggest getting a good docking station that has a true line-level output.

Kevin D.

Comment

• abe1877
      • Mar 2006

it's digital i guess. i will buy the docking station, but i am temporarily just using the cable. Mini stereo jack to 2 RCA jacks. I think im suppose to connect the rca's to one of the empty "video in"'s. so in the input setup menu i would choose whatever "video in" input i used, ie 1-5. what do i choose for the "input"? its not the optical or coaxial inputs. is it analog? thanks for your help

Comment

• abe1877
        • Mar 2006

Also, can you recommend a dock with a true lineilevel output? It seems like most of the docks ipod has to offer only has a mini jack output to the rca's

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

If it's two RCA's, it's analog. Why not just hook it to the Tape input? You shouldn't have to fiddle with the menu at all.

I don't know much about the docking stations, so I can't help you pick one.

Kevin D.
          Last edited by Kevin D; 05 April 2006, 00:29 Wednesday.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

anyone heard of an Ipod doc which has a digital audio output? My mac mini doesn have one and there is no adaptor for one

Comment

• chippa
              • Feb 2006

No dock that I know of has digital out. The new Denon amps offer direct IPOD connections but I believe these are analogue as well.

Have you seen the Slim Devices Squeezebox - not an ipod dock but can connect to itunes (incl the playlists) through a local network - this has digital out (coax and opt) plus RCA outs (uses burr brown DAC). Regds

Comment

• abe1877
                • Mar 2006

thanks kevin. hooking it up to the tape input worked. that squuezebox is pretty cool. i may have to buy that too!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"