X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kun
    • Mar 2009

RSX 1058 / 24p compatibility

Hello all

This is my first post on this forum, I hope I will get the assistance I desperately need :T and learn a lot

I am (was..?) the fully happy owner of a 1058 until I noticed that my TV was not showing the 1080/24p sign when enjoying a BD from my PS3

when I connect the PS3 directly, I can see the 1080/24p being shown though

so I guess the signal flowing from the rotel is not 24p compatible which is quite disappointing

I could see on my preliminary researches that there was a "HDMI bypass" mode existing in the Video/HDMI section of the "beautiful :W " osd of the amp...

the issue is..I do not have this opion and guess the amp must be somehow updated

I sent an email to Rotel but they did not answer ops:

I had a look on the website but I could not find any software update as far as the 1058 is concerned

could s.o. give me a hand on this?

thank you all 8)
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

If you do not have the HDMI BYPASS option in the "VIDEO/HDMI" part of the set up menu then you have to send it into Rotel to have it updated. It's not just firmware but an actuall hardware upgrade. Send your e-mail to skea@bwgroupusa.com and Shane will get it taken care of for you.

Eric

Comment

• kun
      • Mar 2009

thank you for your answer :T

I live in France, can I use this channel to make contact with Rotel anyway? 8)

Cheers

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

I don't think so. You will have to contact Rotel there. Shane maybe able to point you in the right direction so you could ask him.

Eric

Comment

• kun
          • Mar 2009

Thank you!

I will try to do that, Rotel do not answer to the emails I sent through the website :twisted:

I will keep you posted and thanks again ;x(

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"