1058 HDMI audio shutting off when proj is on.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johan Hendrix
    • Nov 2008

1058 HDMI audio shutting off when proj is on.

Originally posted by hifiguymi
    The sound quality won't necessarily be the same using the HDMI and using a handful of analog cables. If you use the analog cables you will hear the digital to analog converters and the analog section of the BD player. In addition you need a BD player that has the ability to do speaker distance, channel level, and subwoofer crossover. The Pioneer players are woefully short on those features. I would stick to using the HDMI from a decoding player (the Sony BDP-S550, Samsung BD-P2500, Pioneer BDP-51FD, Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD, Panasonic DMP-BD35K and DMP-BD55K will all do it) and call it good.

As for which player out of that bunch, I don't have experience with the Panasonics but the Sony BDP-S550 is pretty nice for the money.

Eric
    I have a problem with my RSX-1058 and audio over HDMI. When I switch on my projector, sound is turned off. When I switch my projector off or to a non-HDMI input, I have sound again. It looks as if my projector (Pana PT-AE2000) tells the other components that it does not use the sound signal, and that the other component agree in keeping the soud of the HDMI. Anyone observed this problem?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

What firmware is in the RSX-1058? You can find out by holing down the mute button on the front panel. There are two - a main, which the current one is v1.1.8; and a video, which the current one is v t0.24.

I have run into the same problem, not just with Rotel, and a firmware update may take care of it. Check and see if the projector has any firmware updates as well. I don't sell Panasonic projectors so I don't know if there are. It comes down to an HDMI handshake not happening properly. HDMI can be a pain when things don't work out of the box.

Eric

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

All though it shouldn't matter, check and make sure the AUDIO setting in the HDMI menu is set to AMP mode, not TV mode.

Moving these to a new thread.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"