X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artv4
    • Jun 2007

Rotel RSX-1058 HDMI ISSUE

hi!!!!! have a question/dilemma with my current rotel rsx-1058. currently, i am using the sony ps3 and oppo dv-983h as my sources. i have them both set at 720p due to my monitor, also, the rotel is set at hdmi bypass. when i watch my dvds on my oppo i get crackling around objects that are white. examples would be the oppo logo at start-up, pause, start, movie subtitles, etc. when i watch movies on my ps3 i get no such crackling or distortion. i contacted both companies and they replied with you should ask the other company what is going on........... i purchased new hdmi cables from straightwire to check if it would resolve the problem. though, no such luck. does anyone have any idea what is going on????? i need help!!!!!!!!
    GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

And it doesn't do it when ran directly to the TV?

Just for a test, set the Oppo to 1080i, turn bypass off, and then set the Rotel to 720p.

Kevin D.

Comment

• artv4
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
      And it doesn't do it when ran directly to the TV?

Just for a test, set the Oppo to 1080i, turn bypass off, and then set the Rotel to 720p.

Kevin D.
      to answer your first question it does not occur when directly connected to my sony lcd.
      so ok, i set my oppo to 1080i, turned the bypass mode to off, and left the rotel at 720p. now, no more crackling!!!!! awesome!!!! but....... now, am i using the scaler in the rotel rather than the upconversion in the oppo? what was going on? i chose the oppo for its vrs upconversion...... now i have yet another dilemma!!!! thanks again kevin ;x(
      Last edited by artv4; 10 February 2009, 10:53 Tuesday.
      GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"