X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpirovol
    • Dec 2007

Difference Rotel RSX-1057 and RSX-1058

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the 1057 and 1058? I know there is more HDMI's, Optical's and more 12v remotes just wondering if there is anything else? Is there any audio quality difference?

I also read that the 1058 HDMI audio while the 1057 does not is that true?

Thanks Terry
  • kmcheng
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by tpirovol
    Hi Everyone,

I also read that the 1058 HDMI audio while the 1057 does not is that true?
    That's true, and for that reason alone you should get the 1058 instead of the 1057.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

The DSP engines are different as well. The RSX-1058 has a TI Aureus processer and it's much better than the RSX-1057 which has the same one the RSX-1056 had.

Eric

Comment

• Nuthed
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
        The DSP engines are different as well. The RSX-1058 has a TI Aureus processer and it's much better than the RSX-1057 which has the same one the RSX-1056 had.

Eric
        Whats better about it?
        Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
        RB980-BX driving mains
        Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
        Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
        Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
        SVS PB-12

Comment

• Johan Hendrix
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by kmcheng
          That's true, and for that reason alone you should get the 1058 instead of the 1057.
          But if you really want HDMI audio out of your 1058, make sure you have the right hardware and software versions. There are some threads here that will tell you more.

Comment

• Nuthed
            • Jan 2007

Eric
            Whats better about it?

I asked this once in the thread and got no answer. Really though, what is better about it, other than the ability to process audio off HDMI, what else is better? What can the 1058's DSP board or module do that the one in the 1057 and apparently the 1056 not do?

Does it sound subjectively better to you?
            Main System

RB980-BX driving mains
            Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
            SVS PB-12

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nuthed
              Whats better about it?

I asked this once in the thread and got no answer. Really though, what is better about it, other than the ability to process audio off HDMI, what else is better? What can the 1058's DSP board or module do that the one in the 1057 and apparently the 1056 not do?

Does it sound subjectively better to you?
              Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. I've been very busy lately.

The DSP engine in the RSX-1058 (and RSP-1069) is faster and more powerful. It is better at steering, the bass is more defined, it applies post processing for Dolby Digital and dts better, and the DPLIIx sounds better. Along with that there are improvements in the preamp stage as well so overall it is better sounding. I have compared the RSP-1068 (of which the RSX-1057 is based) and the RSP-1069 (of which the RSX-1058 is based) back to back and the difference is pretty big. I have not directly compared the RSX-1057 and the RSX-1058 although I have heard them on very similar systems.

The RSP-1069 was more open, the top end was more detailed but not brighter, the bass as I said is more defined and better integrated with everything else, and the midrange has greater depth compared to the RSP-1068. By extension all of this would be the same for the RSX-1058 over the RSX-1057. The RSX-1057 is not a bad piece, the RSX-1058 is that much better.

Eric

Comment

• Nuthed
                • Jan 2007

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. I've been very busy lately.

The DSP engine in the RSX-1058 (and RSP-1069) is faster and more powerful. It is better at steering, the bass is more defined, it applies post processing for Dolby Digital and dts better, and the DPLIIx sounds better. Along with that there are improvements in the preamp stage as well so overall it is better sounding. I have compared the RSP-1068 (of which the RSX-1057 is based) and the RSP-1069 (of which the RSX-1058 is based) back to back and the difference is pretty big. I have not directly compared the RSX-1057 and the RSX-1058 although I have heard them on very similar systems.

The RSP-1069 was more open, the top end was more detailed but not brighter, the bass as I said is more defined and better integrated with everything else, and the midrange has greater depth compared to the RSP-1068. By extension all of this would be the same for the RSX-1058 over the RSX-1057. The RSX-1057 is not a bad piece, the RSX-1058 is that much better.

Eric
                Cool, that seems to jive with what I have heard from some others as well. Just some small improvements that have opened up the sound a little.

If they get some of the HDMI bugs and video processing glitches fixed with the 1058 maybe I'll consider ditching my Integra and pick up a 1058. The Integra is no slouch though, just had a Rotel previously and really dug the sound.
                Main System

RB980-BX driving mains
                Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
                SVS PB-12

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"