X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zkrige
    • May 2010

rsx-1058 - HDMI in, composite video out

I have a Xbox360 connected to my RX-1058, via HDMI. I have a full HD projector connected via HDMI. This setup works fine.

Is it possible to optionally switch the video output to composite video out? I watch a lot of movies and dont always want to use my projector.

thanks,

Zayin Krige
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Not with using the HDMI in. HDMI cannot be down converted to any analog video connection in a receiver or preamp (it's a copy protection thing). You would need to connect the composite from the X-Box360 as well. I don't know if both outputs are active simultaneously or not so you will have to find that out.

Eric

Comment

• zkrige
      • May 2010

thanks for the speedy reply. I recall reading somewhere about hdmi copy protect issues.

Can the amp do composite in, hdmi out?

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Yes you can do composite in and HDMI out. You can input any analog signal, composite, S-video and component video and it will output HDMI. You just can't go the opposite direction, HDMI to analog.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"