X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDBLU
    • Jul 2008

Has Any One Bi-Amped 2 RB1080

Hi All

My Question is has anyone Bi-Amped two RB1080 and if so what was the difference in the sound Quality, I have One RB1080 at the moment, And thinking of getting another to Bi-Amp.

My Speakers are KRIX Neuphonix. I love the sound on what come out of the Rotel it is very good, I had a Musical Fidelity A5-5 but did don't work right for me so I got a Rotel, what am saying it the Rotel is very close to the Musical Fidelity.

Thanks
    2ch Setup
    Krix Neupohonix
    Musical Fidelity M6i
    Musical Fidelity M6CDP
    Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
    MIT

• PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

You'd be better off finding a RB-1090 than two 1080s. That's a big difference compared to the minor/slight improvement with using two 1080s.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• jalyra
      • Jan 2009

If you love the sound you're getting, why biamp?
      My experience is that depending on the speakers and the listening habits (and some would say the room) biamping helps a little bit. I got better bass and something I would describe as fluidity or effortlessness but it is something I can hear only in some passages and in some records like full orchestras playing and listening at high volume.

The big question you should ask is if it is worth to spend twice the money in two amps or twice the money in one better amp. I would say it's better to have one better amp.

Right now I'm biamping using the RB-1075, and I'm doing it because my receiver refused to work, and I'm using a stereo preamp feeding four of the amps. But If I were in your situation I would buy the RB-1090 or one of the new 250 W/ch amps.

Comment

• HDBLU
        • Jul 2008

Thanks For Your Replays

When I was buying the RB-1080 I asked about the RB-1090 and they do not make them anymore, I have looked for the 1090 but could not fine Any Think.

The only way to fine out is to try to get a demo model to test and if like I will buy one I think the only way to go.
        2ch Setup
        Krix Neupohonix
        Musical Fidelity M6i
        Musical Fidelity M6CDP
        Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
        MIT

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"