X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neo_Ophyte
    • Jan 2009

A few RSP-1098 questions.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but i have a few questions aswell regarding the 1098.

-What settings do you guy's have on Contrast and Brightness ?

-Do i need to set any crossovers when only using 2 speakers (left and front right) having it set @ large @ the moment (In the advanced settings i have crossover set to 80 and everything else to master)
    But i guess it doesn't matter what's it set at couse it wont work when switched to large or small speakers ?

-Do i need a firmware update ?
    it's all working fine, but i just need to ask.
    It's saying: V3 1. 0-040525

thnx in advance.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Neo_Ophyte
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but i have a few questions aswell regarding the 1098.
    I went ahead and split it to a new thread as you had more questions then the original dealt with.

-What settings do you guy's have on Contrast and Brightness ?
    All depends on how high you have the 1098. It's not a reference quality display, so it's mainly for getting it to look right at the angle you are looking at.

-Do i need to set any crossovers when only using 2 speakers (left and front right) having it set @ large @ the moment (In the advanced settings i have crossover set to 80 and everything else to master)
    But i guess it doesn't matter what's it set at couse it wont work when switched to large or small speakers ?
    Using only two speakers set to large bypasses all the crossover settings. Just to make sure, you are just running stereo right? no other speakers yet?

-Do i need a firmware update ?
    it's all working fine, but i just need to ask.
    It's saying: V3 1. 0-040525

thnx in advance.
    Ehhh... Toss up. If you're just running stereo, I wouldn't worry about it until to get into surround sound. Even then, unless you want Pro-Logic II Game mode or run 7.1, it's probably not needed. Biggest fix in the new updates is with problem digital sources not locking in correctly. If you don't have any issues, just wait.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Neo_Ophyte
      • Jan 2009

Thank you so much for the feedback.

i'll post more (real) questions in here when they pop up.

In the mean time i'll enjoy reading this forum (and Rotel Manual) while listening to the equipment.

:T

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

very nice setup! enjoy

Comment

• Neo_Ophyte
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Using only two speakers set to large bypasses all the crossover settings. Just to make sure, you are just running stereo right? no other speakers yet?

Ehhh... Toss up. If you're just running stereo, I wouldn't worry about it until to get into surround sound. Even then, unless you want Pro-Logic II Game mode or run 7.1, it's probably not needed. Biggest fix in the new updates is with problem digital sources not locking in correctly. If you don't have any issues, just wait.

Kevin D.
          Hi Kevin.
          Im running two B&W's 803D's wired with Kimber 8-TC so that's just stereo for now.
          I'm planning on dealing with the interconnects next.
          Using Audioquest at the moment, but i want some Kimber's aswell for that part of the system.
          I think Surround will have to wait for a while, sinds im planning going into another (larger) room and that room needs allot of sound isolation, so that's were im pumping my money in right now :T
          As for the Firmware upgrade, im not gone do it when it's not needed, thnx for pointing that out before things go bad :T

greetz Neo.

Comment

• Neo_Ophyte
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sirbogey
            very nice setup! enjoy
            Ty for those kind words.
            I'm playing music every day when im not to tired from work.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"