X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flannj
    • Dec 2005

Question re: denon 2910 HDMI selections

I have just received a Denon 2910 DVD playerand hooked it up to my Panasonic 61 inch rear proj. LCD using the HDMI connections.
    I am using a digital optical connection for audio to my Rotel RSP 1068 pre-pro.
    THe Denon 2910 allows two HDMI choices for video setup:
    HDMI Y Cb Cr
    or
    HDMI RGB
    Which one do I use?
    There is very little decription in the operating instructions
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Flannj
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

Can't help you out there with that as I'm using the DVI out on the 2910. I do have a question for you and those that also own this player:
    Do you guys find the audio quality better with the digital or the analogue output?

Comment

• Sim reality
      • Aug 2005

From the Panasonic website on HDMI:

It supports multi-channel digital audio transmissions and component video color spacing for true rendering of HD video.

I think this infers HDMI Y Cb Cr (Y Cb Cr are the component video... uhm components? to making a picture).

HDMI RGB is the DVI input versions (As you can tell there still needs to be some HDMI standardization).

Comment

• brian.hillier
        • Jun 2005

This was taken from audioholics website in reference to building a Windows Media center PC but I think it answers your question.

One of the biggest benefits of MCE2005 over a do-it-yourself HTPC is proper support for "Studio RGB'", as opposed to computer RGB. Most PCs operate using Computer RGB, which means Black is (R,G,B)=(0,0,0) and White is (255,255,255). In the digital video world, however, things are a little different. For a start, video is encoded using YCrCb rather than RGB. ITU-R Recommendation BT.601-4 states that when YCrCb is converted to RGB, Black should be encoded as (16,16,16) and "Reference" White as (235,235,235). This is sometimes called "Studio RGB."

Comment

• Ralph P.
          • Feb 2005

Greetings,

I would recommend using the Y CR CB setting as opposed to the RGB. I use this setting with my Denon 3910 and Sony VPL-HS51 LCD front projector.

Regards,
          Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
          Blu-ray Disc Reviews
          AVSForum.com
          My Home Theater
          My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"