problem with 1024x768 proj, dvi input, and hd dvd, help please?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jig
    • Dec 2003

problem with 1024x768 proj, dvi input, and hd dvd, help please?

i'd like to know how prevalent my current problem is.

i have a hidef receiver/dvdplayer (the LG lst-3510A) with an hdcp dvi output, and a projector with 1024x768 native resolution and an hdcp dvi input.

my problem is that the 720p output of the receiver is chopped off on the right hand side by the projector (1280 vs 1024).

should i expect the projector to be able to scale the dvi input to fit, or is this a common problem? i know that the projector seems to scale dvi input from a pc automatically when it is beyond the native resolution... so i'm guessing there is some kind of hdcp handshake problem.

by entering a special menu, my Bravo dvd player (also has dvi out) can scale the image so that the entire scene is shown, but so far i can't find, and don't expect to find a similar menu in the LG.

could this all be caused by a bad or incorrect standard dvi cable? i use the same cable with the pc and the two dvd players/receiver.

the projector is the proxima dp8000, the dvd/hd receiver combo is the LG lst-3510A, and the bravo dvd player is the D1.

i guess i wonder why this projector has hdcp dvi in if it can't reproduce a regular hidef signal.

if this is a common problem with 1024x768 projectors and HD receivers/dvd players, especially those with hdcp dvi inputs, then if someone can just chime in, i'll just leave it at that and move on.

Further info: the LG is a QAM capable receiver, and the HD signals it brings in over cable look outstanding when using the d-sub RGB (analogue) path, which the projector has decided it is able to scale to fit on the screen. But the LG follows the rules as to dvd upscaling and won't produce a 720p or 1080i signal over any line except the HDCP dvi input. arg.

thanks for any help, questions are appreciated as well. anything to help me decide if there is anything i can try. i guess the most important thing to know is if this has or has not happened to anyone else with a 1024x768 proj.

-jig
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

What happens when you set the Bravo to its standard 720p DVI ouput instead of using a custom resolution? Same thing?

BB

Comment

• jig
      • Dec 2003

yeah, same thing.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"