X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghostbuster
    • May 2003

RSP-1098 2CH PCM Problem

When i listen my cd's through the digital connection (2CH PCM) sometimes the music is gone for about a second or so ? It just happens without reason, maybe once in an hour, does anybody know why, i don't hear the relay clicking ?

I don't have the newest firmware, i have: 2.1.2

This ony happens with 2CH listening.
  • Iggurk
    • Jun 2006

Hello !

Did you try another input ? (digital and analog)
    Did you try another source ?

Comment

• ghostbuster
      • May 2003

I only have it connected digital, when i change to analog i have no problems.
      When watching dvd i aslo didn't experienced this ?

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Try swapping the digital connection to another one. If it still happens I'd say it's something with how it's reading the incoming signal. Maybe there is a slight delay or something coming off the CDP/DVD player whatever you are using.

Since it doesn't happen with DVDs (assuming you are using the same type of digital connection) then it's not a problem with digital processing board in the 1098.

You could try playing the cd through your DVD player and see if it happens that way. You could also try swapping digital cables to see what that gets you.

Let us know.
        -Dan
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• ghostbuster
          • May 2003

Originally posted by PewterTA
          Try swapping the digital connection to another one. If it still happens I'd say it's something with how it's reading the incoming signal. Maybe there is a slight delay or something coming off the CDP/DVD player whatever you are using.

Since it doesn't happen with DVDs (assuming you are using the same type of digital connection) then it's not a problem with digital processing board in the 1098.

You could try playing the cd through your DVD player and see if it happens that way. You could also try swapping digital cables to see what that gets you.

Let us know.
          -Dan
          I tried another digital input and cable but have the same problems. I also experienced that my music is reacting when i put on the lights in another room ? Also only when i use my cd player in digital modus ? I like the digital input, cause i think this gives me the best sound somehow.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Well then the problem is interference in the electrical line from that switch. It's causing enough of an issue to drop the audio for a second. Most likely if you buy sometime type of surge/power conditioner that should take care of your problem. The problem is definitely with your electrical switch, probably it's on the same circuit as your equipment.
            -Dan

Comment

• Isaac
              • Jan 2006

I agree, it sounds like an interference issue. I used to have the same issue but, it happened with both CD's and DVD's played on my DVD player connected with a coax Digital cable. I replaced the Digital cable with one that was shielded better and the issue went away.

Comment

• ghostbuster
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Isaac
                I agree, it sounds like an interference issue. I used to have the same issue but, it happened with both CD's and DVD's played on my DVD player connected with a coax Digital cable. I replaced the Digital cable with one that was shielded better and the issue went away.
                Thanks for the replies, but i already tried another cable with no difference.

I noticed today that the problem only occurs when i turn on my computer in another room ? When the PC is shut down i have no drop-outs at all ? I tried another wall socket but that didn't change ?

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

Computers are NOTORIOUS for being a ground/loop nightmare. I can't even connect my 2 PCs to my 1098 without using optical connections because as soon as I do you get a buzzing/hum from the speakers. I have isolated everything I can and still can't get them to connect without causing issues. Which is why I use the optical cable.

In your case though I would think it's feeding back into the electrical system and causing an issue that way. That'd be my guess. Some type of a surge/conditioner or brickwall type of a unit is probably about your only option (other than a dedicated circuit).
                  -Dan

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"