X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    • Jan 2005

RSP-1068 - Horizontal banding on component output

Recently I noticed that my RSP-1068 has developed some horizontal banding on my component output. Regardless of what component input I use, I'm getting some rather annoying banding on the output to my TV.

I've verified it's definitely the Rotel through process of elimination, using different cables, inputs on my tv and source material, so I'm a bit miffed.

I'm planning on upgrading to the RSP-1570 when it's available, but I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar. I'll have to RMA this unit when I've replaced it before I sell it, which is a bit of a pain.

This unit was a refurbished unit from Rotel, a replacement for an older RSP-1068 that they couldn't seem to fix. Does anyone know if that means I can RMA it directly to Rotel, rather than having to go through the shop I bought it from (which I am no longer nearby)?
    My gear
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Go through the setup and make sure PROGRESSIVE is turned on for any input that sends out 480p or higher. The banding sounds like when the unit tries to overlay OSD information over a 480p+ signal.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kyle
      • Jan 2005

Kevin, that's what Rotel suggested I check, and as I thought it was still set to "Yes ALL". I had made some changes to my system that I thought could cause the issue (mainly adding an APC H15), but i've tested with the Rotel & TV on AC power and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
      My gear

Comment

• chanlon
        • Sep 2003

I had the same issue on a previous 1068 processor. It was a grounding issue within the unit. The product was replaced.

Comment

• Kyle
          • Jan 2005

I've noticed a hum that wasn't there before either, when I've never had ground loop issues before. I'm wondering if that's related.
          My gear

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"