• chanlon
    • Sep 2003

PS2 and Rotel RSP1068

Hello,

I have purchased a Rotel RSP-1068 processor. Everything works great
    except I can't seem to get it to passthrough a component signal coming
    from my Sony PS2
    When I connect the PS2 direct to my TV using the same component cables,
    it works fine. I get audio (DTS bitstream) on the Rotel but no video.
    I went though the configuration menu and tried selecting different
    video inputs but still no luck. Both the satellite and DVD player
    video/audio passes through fine. I am using the component monitor
    output to my Sony XBR450 TV.

Any suggestions?

Chris
  • Bostonears
    • Mar 2004

Chris,

You might want to check the thread below, titled "1068 video problems."
    1068 video problems

By chance, do you have the OSD setting in the Other menu set to OFF? The 1068 has a known problem passing component video with that setting. Of course, your situation might be something else, but an easy way to test for the OSD problem is to simply press the OSD button on the remote when the component video isn't showing properly, then press it again to turn off the OSD.

Comment

• hamiltong
      • Feb 2003

Chanlon,

If your PS2 is configure to use component - I suspect that it's passing a 480p signal as opposed to a 480i signal - therefore youneed to change a setting on the 1068 menu. Did you set your 1068 menu setting 'Other - Progressive' to the PS2 video input (ie: V1 or V2, etc)? You need to make that change to pass progressive signals through. -gh

Comment

• chanlon
        • Sep 2003

Thanks for your help. It was trying to pass a progressive signal and thus had to be changed in the PS2 menu.

Chris

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

You should just change the 1068 on that input to PROGRESSIVE=YES. Why take away good video quality from the PS2?

Kevin D.

Comment

• cofn
            • Dec 2002

Actually the PS2 has about 10 title available that actually use 480P, you can go to www.hdtvarcade.com to find a complete list of Progressive title for PS2. Also something to consider is if this is a first generation PS2 like mine, it is not capable of using 480P even if the game supports it. You will get better picture quality from the component cable, but not a progressive signal. Not too sure what build of PS2 started to implement the support for Progresive, but I do know it wasn't the first generation.

I actually have to have Progressive=Off on my 1098 or my 1HD has trouble locking the signal, I just get a flickering screen.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"