X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redhawk
    • Feb 2007

RSX-1057 Temp

Bought an RMB-1075 and am using the RSX-1057 as the pre. The 1057 is still as hot as it was when using the amps in it, even though no speakers are now connected to it. Is there a way to turn the amps off in it, or something to do to reduce the amount of heat it is putting out? It's not abnormally hot, but would be better to have it cooler.

Thanks.
    RDV-1045 - RMB-1075 - RSP-1069 - RCD-1072 - CM7 - CM1 - ASW 608
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's probably not the amps that were ever hot. Rotel's processor's run hotter then most of their amps. The pre-amp's probably run as hot as your 1057 and they don't even have amps.

Kevin D.

Comment

• DL86
      • Sep 2005

My rb-1090 which runs extremely hot when playing music very loud, just about burns my hand. Cool when not played as loud. Got an rb-1080 as well which runs warm without it playing anything.

Comment

• wgriel
        • May 2006

Originally posted by DL86
        My rb-1090 which runs extremely hot when playing music very loud, just about burns my hand. Cool when not played as loud. Got an rb-1080 as well which runs warm without it playing anything.
        Wow - I've got a 2 channel setup in which a Rotel RB-1070 is powering a pair of B&W 703s. It never seems to even get barely warm. The RX-1052 receiver on the other hand runs quite warm all the time.

Comment

• sirbogey
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DL86
          I dont think it should run warm in standby mode at all. My RDV1060 suddenly started doing that, but I just had it fixed..

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"